Chapter 42

The song above is what inspired me to write Sands of Dragon Scale.

Song: This Love
Artist: Taylor Swift
----------------------------------------

Waking up the next morning, Rose had been substantially confused. For a split second, she thought she'd be waking up in her old cottage to carry out her daily routine of feeding her creatures and having morning tea with Neeney. Finding herself in Hogwarts, she had then remembered that the ministry had been after her and Newt...

Newt.

She had glanced around frantically for her friend and love, but had abruptly stopped when she had caught her reflection in the window. She wasn't twenty nine nor was it the year of 1926. She was sixteen years old, in her sixth year of Hogwarts, in the year of 1996. In a matter of seconds, Rose would break down into sobs and endless tears.

The worst part was, Rose was like this for several days; leaving her friends unable to visit her right away. But Dumbledore had reassured them that this was just the madness being reversed. Of course, the old professor knew that Rose was also suffering from heartbreak.

But, in the end, Rose had come around to being her normal self... Well, as close as she could get. Rose had become much more reserved, mature, and even a bit withdrawn. Before she had fallen back through time, Rose had been oblivious to all the attention she had receive from males; now, she could tell when a boy was flirting with her or trying to gain her affections. Needless to say, she didn't like it in the slightest. The only humans she did associate herself with were the ones she considered her friends.

Once remembered that Harry and Draco had fought over her, in particular, Rose had gone to both of them to set things straight. She refused to beat around the bush; the mature thing to do. Both, surprisingly, had listened. And both, surprisingly, had respected the fact that she didn't want any romantic relations; she strictly wanted to stay friends.

Harry had understood this right away and had apologized for possibly making Rose feel uncomfortable. Draco had been a little awkward at first, but Rose had helped him settle back into the friendship they both were comfortable with and held dear. The Slytherin had also profusely apologized for the situation Rose had been placed in. But the witch had simply smiled and had explained that it was something he didn't need to apologize for.

Though, as time moved forward, Draco began to distance himself; claiming he had duties to attend to and couldn't be all too distracted. Though, he still found the time to converse with Rose at some point throughout the day. But due to the distance, Harry had stepped in to take the time to find out exactly what Rose had gone through. Rose could never bring herself to tell him of the amazing adventure she had the chance of taking; but Harry was stubborn... as was Ron and Hermione. However, Harry had finally figured out that Rose had come to love someone.

It had been another early morning out in the courtyard. Harry had found her simply gazing amongst the court yard; as if remembering something from a far off dream. Harry had been suspicious for quite some time. He had known his friend had changed, and he knew that she had broke the rule about seeing anyone in the past; Dumbledore had made that quite known. But Harry knew Rose, and he knew she was grieving. It was the only thing that made sense.

"You're in love with someone... aren't you?"

Rose had simply given a small smile as tears had sprung to her eyes, but didn't fall. She had nodded, trying her best to keep back her emotions, "Yeah. I was... seventy three years ago." Harry had been shocked to say the least, but didn't comment seeing as the female was having a hard time cooping. He had hugged her as she couldn't help but giggle through her tears. "You still have us," He had said. "I know," she whispered.