Chapter 22

The afternoon seemed to fly by for the two Hufflepuff friends. Newt was plenty nervous for the upcoming night's activities as Rose was just ready for the night to be over and done with. Of course, Rose was exited she was going to be spending her time with her best friend; it was Christmas after all.

    The two of them had come back from lunch to feed their creatures, as planned. Newt had just slipped into the boys dorm as Rose had headed up to her door to enter. She paused, realizing the door wasn't shut all the way. She wasn't all too panicked until she had entered the room. Ravi had been stuffed into a pillow case as Phlox was stuck on a sheet of fly paper.

    The girl rushed up to her bed to rip the pillow case open, Ravi squirming out as he did so. "Delora! It was Delora! Dat no good, hag of a-" Newt had interrupted the Jarvey as he gave a knock on the door. "Come in, Newt," Rose called, making her way over to Phlox, who was sitting up on the mantel, crying to be set free.

    All Newt had to do was walk into the room before his eyes landed on the dress Rose had worked so hard on. "Rose, what happened?" Newt asked. "Dat no good rat Delora. Dat's what happened," Ravi hissed. "I can't believe her. First she stuffs Ravi into a pillow case to suffocate him and then sticks Phlox to fly paper," Rose fumed. If there was one thing she wouldn't stand for, it was someone messing with her creatures.

    "And then there's the matter of your dress," Newt added, almost whispering. Rose turned to her dress, after freeing her beloved Bowtruckle, her eyes widening in horror. Her dress she had been working on for months was torn to shreds as the glittering gems were shattered into almost dust on the floor. The once beautiful garment was literally nothing but strips of cloth now.

    "I'll go an find Pr. Diggory," Newt decided. "No, we don't have time," Rose replied, stopping her friend short. "Rose, you worked for months on that dress; furthermore, she could have killed Ravi," Newt argued. "I know, Newt, I know," Rose heavily sighed, "But we literally don't have any time to track down Pr. Diggory. Besides, I have to make a new dress."

    Newt furrowed his eyebrows, "How are you going to make a dress in such a short amount of time?" Rose smirked, "Magic, of course." "What about Delora?" Newt wondered. "She'll get what's coming to her," Rose sighed, walking over to Newt and handing him her little female Bowtruckle. "I can feed the creatures tonight. You get started on your dress," Newt replied. Rose smiled, "Thank you. I'll need all the time I can get."

    With that, Newt left the girl's room to feed the creatures, aside from Ravi. Rose immediately got to work on her dress. "What do you think, Ravi? Make a similar dress or something different?" Rose asked. "Weren't those de last of ya crystals?" the ferret looking creature asked, scurrying from the bed to the sofa, so he could lounge on the arm. Rose huffed, "They were." "What colors ya got?" Ravi asked.

    Rose turned to her trunk and began to dig down to the bottom. "Well, I'm short on gold, considering that's what I made to use the first dress. I have silver, purple, red, yellow, and black," she reported. "Why not go classy?" Ravi mused, "Black, lacy, leg, and a bit of sparkle." Rose just giggled, "That sounds like a great idea."

    With an rough sketch formed within her mind, she began to work her magic. After adding a few of her personal touches, she had managed to complete her new dress within about thirty minutes. She tried the dress on, hemmed and altered a few spots, but was ultimately pleased with her result. She actually liked it better than the first one she had made. Once sure that the dress was complete, she began to get ready herself.

 Once sure that the dress was complete, she began to get ready herself