Chapter 21 - Oh curly, you're jealous?

CHAPTER 21

‘’Do you believe it?’’ Harry repeats his question. I can tell that he is nervous.

I shake my head and curl a small smile. ‘’No. Love only hurts. I don’t want to experience love anymore- well, not for now.’’ I explain him briefly.

‘’Oh. Too bad you don’t believe it.’’ Harry says as he stands up. He picks up my orange blouse from the ground and wears it in one quick movement. He keeps the sour expression on his face as I pack my camera and walk. I have a feeling that he isn’t pleased with my answer. He only remains silent and plays his phone while we’re walking. Feeling somehow uneasy and curious, I nudge him. ‘’Hmm?’’ He mumbles, looking at me directly.

‘’Harry, why did you ask so?’’ I finally ask. He looks back to his phone and answers, ‘’No, I was just curious.’’

‘’Oh. So do you believe it?’’ I ask back. I only do this to neutralize the situation, I don’t want to sink in this awkward condition for the whole night long. Unexpectedly Harry’s face lightens up and he smiles deeply, showing those dimples again. ‘’Of course! I’m kinda experiencing it right now.’’

‘’With who?’’ I ask curiously. I assume that Harry’s crush is a celebrity, so I won’t be any surprised if he mentions one.

‘’Oh, just with a simple girl. I know your mind mentions that my crush is a celebrity.’’ Harry laughs. Simple girl? I refuse to think further about it. Our conversation stops directly and we keep ourselves busy with our phones as we walk to my rented house.

We both enter my house, still being silent. When I lock the door Harry breaks the silence.

‘’Let’s cook, then? I’m kinda starving.’’ Harry speaks. I nod and reply, ‘’Sure. Let’s go to the kitchen.’’ I put my phone on the living room table and walk to the kitchen with Harry following me. I’m used to cook at midnights, but cooking with a ‘strange’ guy isn’t an experience.

‘’What do you want to eat?’’ I ask as I open the refrigerator. I frown as I find no good food to eat right now.

‘’What do you have?’’ Harry asks, joining my squating position in front of the refridgerator. I shrug, ‘’I have nothing good to eat, I guess.’’ I say as I move to a side, letting Harry see my whole fridge. He laughs, ‘’You’ve got many things here. Carrots, chicken, potato, and I’m sure you’ve got some spices? I can cook us soup if you want.’’

I nod. ‘’Soup. Yeah, fantastic. It’s cold here so I guess it will be good if we consume something warm.’’ Harry gives one thumb up and he closes the fridge, approaching me. ‘’What? I thought you’re gonna cook?’’

‘’Of course. But I’ll cook alone, I don’t want to see you tired. Go rest at your bedroom first and I’ll call you when our dinner is ready.’’

I feel my heart flutters. Never has a guy treated me like this before. Nobody has cooked for me, ever. Even my mom didn’t feel glad to cook for me.. My gosh, mom. I shake my head and gladly answer Harry’s statemend with a smile. ‘’Thanks.’’

‘’You’re welcome Luna.’’ His tone cheering me up.

I go to my bedroom and immediately lay in the bed. I feel like I’ve forgotten something. Oh damn, my phone. I wake up and walk out to the living room to take my phone. When I walk to the living room I can hear someone chopping. It’s surely Harry. Can he really cook? I only shrug and walk back to my bedroom, with my phone beeping in my hand.

Beeping? There is a message, obviously. It’s from an unknown number. I frown and open the message, to my relief it’s just Niall.

‘’Is Harry at your place? I suspect so since he’s nowhere to be found. If yes please tell him to be at Zayn’s house at 12 p.m. tomorrow. We need to chill.

It’s Niall anyway, I got your number from Olivia. We all get your number from her. Please keep your cool!’’

Olivia? Why did she give my number to the boys without asking for my permission first? I’m going to kill her if I meet her. But what did Niall just say? All the boys have my number? So, Louis.. Why doesn’t he be the one messaging me, to find Harry?

I throw all the thoughts from my mind and save Niall’s number before replying him. It’s strange that I actually start being ‘friendly’ and reply Niall’s message like this, even though I haven’t known Niall that well. What is actually happening on me? Before I realize everything I already type a reply.

‘’Um yes Harry is staying here, I don’t really know why. Probably his house is on fire? Ok I’ll tell him later. Sure! I’m not mad tho hahah.’’

Just a second later Niall gives me a reply again.

‘’His house is just safe, hahah. Maybe he likes you? He often stays in a girl’s house if he starts liking that girl. That girl might be you, hahah.’’

Niall’s words make my cheek burn. Suddenly Harry’s statement about him loving a simple girl at the first sight enters through my mind. What does he mean? I refuse to think further and I reply to Niall’s message.

‘’Shut up. He has lots of celebrities to kiss, I bet he’s a womanizer. Why should he like me?’’

I swear I’m getting more weird day by day. I’m not used to text people, but now here I am, texting with a member of ‘the biggest boyband in the world’. I can’t believe my life changes so fast after a trip to NYC. And to be honest, Niall is not that bad. He’s not that childish as he seems. Probably Harry is right; they were just trying to have fun.

‘’I’m sorry but you’re wrong. Harry might kiss many girls, but he’s not a womanizer. He says it’s childish to play with girls’ heart.’’

I gasp. ‘’Oh really?’’ I reply. The rest of the time me and Niall keep texting, basically talking about how Harry and basically the whole band hate playing with girls’ heart. This is a crazy side of me to actually listen to people. I don’t realize it anymore when there’s a knock on the door. The door eventually opens, revealing Harry.

‘’Luna, our dinner is up-‘’ Harry looks at me in my state of texting Niall, but I’m sure he won’t know who I am texting. Just as I click ‘send’, Harry looks at me and asks, ‘’Who are you texting?’’

‘’Niall, what’s the big deal? He asks you to be at Zayn’s place-‘’

‘’Niall? Why doesn’t he text me directly?’’ Harry asks, grabbing my phone harshly.