Chapter 25 - Start of something new.

CHAPTER 25

(Soundtrack : Start Of Something New, High School Musical)

I look at Harry, signalling him to just release my hand from his kiss. This is so embarrassing, I’m going to kill him once this business is done. Who does he think he is so that he can kiss my hand, in front of my ‘boss’?

Harry playfully smirks, eventually releasing my hand. I try to neutralize the awkward situation and clear my throat, ‘’I’m sorry Mr. Fred, but I do.. I will work as his personal photographer.’’ I can’t hide my deep sense of guilt. Mr. Fred only smiles, although I know the smile is fake. He must be sad that I’m going to sign out now. He eventually manages to speak some words.

‘’I.. I okay then if that’s what you want, Luna..’’ Mr. Fred looks down to his table. ‘’I am sad to know this, you know it, right?’’

‘’Yes, Mr. I’m slightly sad too.. I’ve never expected this day to happen.’’ I answer back. Of course I never expected to sign out from this comfortable working place, but after I met Harry, everything has really changed. Harry looks at me then back to Mr. Fred saying, ‘’I’m sorry but this thing should happen. She is a really professional photographer.’’ Deep down in my heart I thank Harry for his indirect compliment.

‘’I understand, Harry. She’s now yours.’’ Harry and Mr. Fred suddenly laugh, that laugh almost kill me because I know they have something secret behind that laughter.

We talk for some more time and when the clock shows that it’s been 12.30 P.M., Mr. Fred looks at me rather sadly. ‘’Oh, Luna, I guess it’s lunch time. Before I have my lunch.. I would like to ask, are you sure you want to sign out?’’

I look at Harry, then back to Mr. Fred. Harry looks at me, he seems to order me to say a yes straightaway. The doubts start to form in my heart, but this is my chance. I don’t want to regret anymore, and this is completely my pure decision.

‘’Yes, Mr. I’m sure.’’ I can feel Harry smiling in victory.

‘’Okay then. You started this happily and you’re ending this with a happy face too.. Well, I support your decision anyways. I know you’ll still be the best. For me, you’re the best photographer ever.’’ Mr. Fred starts to stand up. I stand up too politely. Mr. Fred moves to me and pats me on the shoulder and gives a friendly laugh. ‘’But please remember that you’re still going to be my dearest daughter, Luna. Come back here anytime if this jerk does something bad to you.’’

‘’I won’t.’’ Harry winks, responding to Mr. Fred’s works. Hearing Mr. Fred mentions the word ‘dearest daughter’ has successfully brought me to tears. A flashback hits me as Mr. Fred hugs me, leaving me sobbing even more.

-Flashback.

Doncaster, July 6th, 2012.

‘’Excuse me?’’ I slowly hear someone speaks. It’s already midnight and I can hardly see who is there I hold my camera in such a terrified feeling. I move back, ‘’W-Who are you?’’

‘’Calm down, it’s me Fred. What are you doing here, little girl?’’

I tighten my eyes to look at the owner of the sound better. It’s a pot-bellied guy, I guess he’s on his 30’s. I start to be scared and I shout, ‘’Go away! Don’t touch me!’’

‘’Trust me, I won’t hurt you. Are you a photographer, or something? I’ve seen you roaming around the streets shooting objects.’’ For a second I feel slightly safe and I know this guy won’t abuse me.

‘’I.. I escaped from my house and I have no job at all, I don’t know whether there is a workplace for an amateur photographer like me? I have no other skills except in photography. Can you help me?’’ Some tears start to escape my eyes, as my mind starts to picture the horrible flashbacks of my father getting mad at me for the unmentioned time of my life.