Chapter 13 - Exposed!

Double update!

--------------------------

"Ok I'm feeling very 90's today so should we watch Clueless or 16 Candles?"

Jay and I needed a sleepover and we always watch cheesy movies together. With finals coming up, we really need to unwind.

"First of all, 16 Candles was made in the 80's, not the 90's. Come on Jay, I raised you better than this." We both laughed and agreed on Clueless.

After the movie was over I changed into a pair of plaid pajama pants and an old t-shirt while Jay turned into her leggings and borrowed one of my sweatshirts to wear.

"So how long have you liked Johnathan?"

I stopped trying to put all my hair into a bun letting my hair fall back around my face when turned to look at Jay. She was pulling the sweatshirt over her head. She plopped onto my bed with a huge smile plastered on her face waiting for me to reply.

I quickly turned around facing my mirror so I could resume my attempt at a messy bun.

"I don't like Johnathan."

"Oh, but I think you do. You guys have been hanging out a lot more-"

"We're friends."

"You check him out every time you're near him-"

"I don't!"

"You don't? Cameron, you do not know how to control your facial expressions. You don't know it but, it's very easy to read your emotions. You basically undress him with your eyes. Oh my god have you two-"

"Jaylen no! We haven't even kissed yet." Jay sat up really fast and I realized my mistake. I let out a sigh and put my faces in my hands.

Damn it. Here we go.

Three.

I turned around to face my friend.

Two.

I sat on the bed and accepted my fate.

One.

Jay squealed and poked me simultaneously. I just laid there and let it happen.

"Well, it doesn't matter anyway. He won't answer my phone calls and the one time he answered my text was to blow me off. We haven't had an actual conversation since we all went to the mall. 3 weeks."

I dug my face into the pillow I was holding, embarrassed that I knew how long. I missed him and I didn't even know why he was mad. I couldn't do anything to help.

"It's probably fine, Cam. Maybe he's just busy."

"Or I ruined something before it could even happen."

Jay finally broke the crushing silence that had lingered for what seemed like forever.

"So is that who you've been texting all night?"

"What?"

"I didn't want to say anything but I noticed you were kind of distracted. I figured if it was something serious you would tell me."

"I just feel bad-"

"Why? You didn't do anything."

"But you don't know that! I...dont know that. I mean why would he stop talking to me if- you know what, no. I'm not going to do this. We aren't dating, he probably isn't interested, and if he was I somehow managed to piss him off."

"Cameron, he wouldn't have punched him if he did have at least some sort of feelings towards you."

"Can we just change the subject? Im over it, promise."

I wasn't over it but i want to stop thinking about him for 2 minutes.