Chapter 27 - Friends +1

"Bro!" Isaiah yelled as he entered John's living room.

"Isaiah!"

"Their bromance is the cutest," I whispered to Jay.

Isaiah didn't get a chance to visit Johnathan in the hospital so he suggested we go see him after school.

"The. Cutest," she whispered back.

"Heard you got the shit kicked out of you, Fields?"

"Ahh, whatever man. I'm fine now, just a little sore."

We ordered some pizza and caught Johnathan up on all the amazingly terrible high school drama that he's missed. How Miss Andrews was sleeping with Mr. Kerchief.

"No way Mr. K landed Miss Andrews! She's like half his age and way out his league."

How football teams homecoming game might get canceled because of some prank the sophomores pulled.

"Oh, that's stupid."

And the usual "I'm fighting you because you looked at my man!" fights that happen like every other day.

"Oh let me guess! Hannah fought Kendall again?"

"Well duh," Jay started. "I just can't believe they're fighting over freaking Stephen. Like of all the more attractive guys they could fight over," Isaiah and Johnathan raised their hands at the same time. "Why him? Like its a waste of time!"

"Well that's on them but I mean I get if Kendall actually like tried to do something with Steph but she hasnt. At least I think."

We talked, and talked like nothing had happened like the past couple weeks haven't been bad.

"So you ready to go back tomorrow?"

"Hell no. The only thing I missed was you guys but you guys visit so I'm fine not going back." He squeezed my leg and we all made goofy "Aww" noises.

"Oh yeah! I almost forgot to tell you guys, Emily's coming over."

The laughter stopped almost abruptly. Jay glanced at me and Isaiah's eyes widened as he took a sip of his drink.

"What? Oh my- Come on guys. We talked about this. She's new and needs some friends."

"That doesn't have to be us."

"Honestly," I said agreeing with Jay.

"Could you guys at least give her a chance?"

Our friend group exchanged looks and all shrugged in agreement.

"Fine. Quick! Isaiah hide the scissors!" Jay exclaimed sarcastically.

"Got it." He snatched the scissors off the coffee table and ran down the hallway.

"I hate all of you."

Isaiah came back and joined in on the laughter. About 15 minutes later, the doorbell rang signaling the arrival of our new dear friend Emily and Isaiah went to answer the door.

"Be nice," John whispered to Jay and me.

"Not making any promises," I muttered under my breath.

The sound of Emily heels got louder complemented with Isaiah trying to have a conversation with her.

"Oh my goodness, Johnny! How are you feeling? Why didn't you tell me?!"

"Johnny didn't tell anyone," Isaiah mocked. "I found out from Cameron."