Chapter 30 - The L Word

Johnathan: look out your window

What the hell? I did as the text said and walked to my window.

I pulled my blinds and saw Johnathan's matte black Jeep sitting in the street. He was standing in my yard smiling up at me.

It was kind of late but it was a Friday. I opened my window and stuck my head out. "What the hell are you doing?" I half whisper half giggle.

"I missed you. I wanted to see you."

"You could have called me or FaceTimed me or something."

"I chose something. So make an excuse and get your ass out here. It's freezing!"

I shook my head at him and closed my window. He was right, it was freezing. I changed into a pair of joggers and grabbed my North Face along with my keys. I knew I wasn't driving but I would have to get back in later tonight.

"Hey, mom I completely forgot I have to help Jay with her English essay and I'm late."

She didn't even give it a second thought. Perks of being a good kid, your parents don't question your intentions. "You really are your father's child, always late. Be home at 11:00."

I looked at my phone which said 8:32 across the top. "Ok. Love you, bye!"

I basically skipped out the door and locked it behind me. John was leaning against the passenger door looking at something on his phone.

I ran up to him and snatched the phone from him.

"Hey!"

I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him into a kiss. I felt him smile against my lips.

"Mm, I guess you missed me too."

"Come one we gotta go. I told my mom I was going to Jaylen's house." I tried to move but he held me in place.

"Wait how is that going to work?" I dropped my hands to his chest.

"What do you mean?"

"Take a minute. Think about what you just said and then look where you're standing."

I looked and took a moment to think. "I don't-"

"Cameron, c'mon now. I have my car. I intended to drive you to dinner or where ever. You told your mom that-"

And it finally hit me. "My car! Shit!"

My car couldn't stay here if I was leaving to go to Jay's like I told my mom. Damn it, this is why I don't sneak out of the house.

"Ding ding ding we have a winner!" he shouted. I shushed him as I covered his mouth with my hands but he licked me.

"Ew!" I wiped my hand on his shirt. "Ok ok. Either you can drive my car and park yours around the corner or you can drive your car and I can park mine around the corner. Which one?"

He playfully whined. He was such a little kid. "I just got my car back."

"Fine." I started to walk to my car.

"Yes! I love you!"

I stopped dead in my tracks while opening my car door. I couldn't see over my car so I slowly walked around the back meeting his gaze. I could hear my heart beating in my ears.

"You love me?"

John was looking at the ground, shocked that he let the words slip out of his mouth. "I..I don't know."

"You love me."

He turned around and walked to the driver's side of his Jeep and sat in the car. I bit my lip and drove my car a couple streets over. John followed me. I parked the car and locked the doors behind me.

I walked up to his Jeep and opened the driver's door. I sat in his lap and ran my fingers through his hair and on his chest.

"W-what are you doing?"

"I love you too."

"Oh, thank God." He kissed me and I kissed him back. His kisses made their way down to my neck, to my collarbone, to my chest.

A moan escaped my lips as his hands ran up my back. He chuckled an evil chuckle enjoying my reaction.

He slipped his hand underneath my shirt to unhook my bra and stopped. "I can't believe I'm doing this," he whispered followed by a deep sigh.

"What? What's wrong?"

"We shouldn't do this."

"Oh, I think we should." I started to unbuckle his belt which I knew he wasn't going to resist. He closed his eyes and whispered "damn it" before he grabbed my hands to stop me.

"I don't think you want us to do this, for the first time, right here." I let out a sigh.

"I love you and believe me, I would love nothing more than to-" He signed while he ran his hands down my waist and on my legs admiring my body. "I want it to be special, preferably not in the seat of my car."

He was right. We both wanted to but this wasn't the way to do it. "As cliche as it sounds, you're too good for me, Johnathan Fields."

"I know I am." He smirked before kissing my forehead and helping me off his lap. I walked around the car and climbed into the passenger seat.

"So dinner?"

He started the ignition to the Jeep. On hand on the wheel, the other intertwined in mine, he pulled off not telling me where we were going.

--------------------------

"Your birthday's coming up, what do you wanna do?"

I shrugged my shoulders and took a fry from his half empty plate.

"What do you mean?" He mimicked my shoulder shrug.

"I haven't really thought about it. Plus it's not like a major birthday, I'm turning 17."

He sighed at me. I could tell he was getting annoyed.

"Ok me, you, and Jay can go somewhere. I don't really go all out on my birthday."

I took another fry and looked up at John. His arms were crossed.

"That's it?" he asked monotoned.

"Yeah, it doesn't take a lot to make me happy." I smiled at him but he didn't smile back. "What are you mad at me for not wanting a to do something huge for my birthday?"

"No."

I sighed "yes you are" and got out of my side of the booth and slid into his.

"John I'm not gonna apologize for what I want," I said sliding my hand into his.

"And I don't expect you to."

"Then why are you mad?"

"Nothing," he put a fake smile on his face. "You want the rest of my fries?"