Chapter 28 - Back to School

Tomorrow is the day Johnathan is going back to school. School has been pretty boring without him. Jay's been sick for two of those days so I've basically been alone.

Of course, I had my school friends but it's not the same. I reached for my phone to text John but before I could unlock it I got a text from him.

Johnathan: hey baby girl

Between this and "sweetheart" he basically has me wrapped around his finger.

Me: hey i was just about to text you how you feeling

Johnathan: fine other than the fact i have to go back to that hell hole tomorrow these pain killers are AMAZING

i wanted to drive you to school

Me: ...are you even allowed to drive yet

Johnathan: yes mom i was cleared yesterday

Me: ....Johnathan

Johnathan: i was!! kind of...

I knew he lying. He doesn't listen to directions, he never has.

Johnathan: ok my leg is still banged up but i feel fine!

Me: feeling fine and being fine are two different things

Johnathan: i'm still picking you up he really did clear me for everything thing else ;) but he said i shouldn't drive

I scoffed at my phone.

Me: you arent helping your case

Johnathan: be ready at 7:00 :D

There was no way in hell I was going to let him drive me if his doctor said he should wait. I texted back "ok sure" and he called me right after.

"You're not letting me drive you are you?"

"Aw, you know me so well. You shouldn't have told me. That was all on you bud."

He sighed through the phone.

"You should be glad you have a girlfriend who cares about you."

--------------------------

I got ready for school like any other day, brush teeth, wash face, get dressed. I finished my look with a high puff on the top of my head. I made my way downstairs and was greeted by my mom and dad drinking coffee in the kitchen.

"Morning parents."

"Morning child."

My dad was just as weird as I was and I loved it. My dad and I laughed at each other.

"I don't get you two." My mom mumbled like we couldn't hear her.

I opened the refrigerator and reached for a water bottle and the grapes when the doorbell rang.

"Is that Jaylen?" Mom asked.

"No, she's still sick. I don't- Oh my god,
he didn't."

I put my grapes and water on the counter and closed the door to the fridge. I stormed to the door knowing exactly who was on the other side.

I opened the door to my idiotic boyfriend smiling his goofy smile and holding two coffee cups in his hands.

"Morning gorgeous!" He handed me one of the coffees and kissed my cheek. I looked at the cup as he did so.