6. Surprises

Zariana Cruz:

Last night nothing was said about what happened. I couldn't do any more research since everyone wanted me to forget about what happened, but how could I? I wanted to know if my mind was really playing tricks on me last night or was it absolutely real, and I also wanted to know how I forgot about the event that happened earlier yesterday morning with Chris. I'm not the one to forget things like that so easily.

Running my hands through my hair I raised from the bed I was currently laying in and threw the covers off me. Pulling my spandex shorts down I opened the bedroom door and stepped into the hall way. Hearing their booming voices, I knew that they have been up for quite some time, so I didn't have to sneak around or anything.

Looking over the railing I watched as the three men sat in the living with controllers in their hands.

"Man, you suck," Chris chuckled as he nudged Cairo's side.

"Ayo you need to stop cheating," Cairo smacked his lips.

"That's what losers always say," Darrin butted in which caused Chris to laugh out loud and Cairo to mug.

"Chris don't you need to check on Zari or something?" Cairo shoot back.

"Oh yeah, let me go check on her," Chris stood to his feet while putting his controller down. "Don't shoot my person or I'm going to cut all both of y'all ass." He warned as he walked towards the wooden and iron rail stair case. He looked up and saw me as I looked down at him.

"How long were you standing there?" He asked as he walked up the rest of the stairs and leaned on the railing.

"Not long," I shrugged while folding my arms over my chest.

"Mm. You slept good?"

"Not really," I picked at the ends of my hair while looking at him.

"Your husband and his brother."

Looking around I wondered where the voice came from.

"My husband and his brother?" I asked out loud while looking around again.

"What are you talking about?" Chris tilted his head to the side as he walked towards me. "You alright?"

Taking a step back I nodded my head.

"Yeah, it's just my imagination," I reassured myself.

"You know, you can't keep blaming everything on your imagination. Everything you saw last night," He chuckled lowly then bit on his bottom lip as if he didn't want to tell me.

"Everything I saw last night was?" I hated when people would start taking then stop out of nowhere.

"Real. That lady you saw has been hunting your life ever since you were Mariana, she's just now re-appearing," Chris licked on his lips as he stuffed his hands in his sweat pants pocket.

"Who is Mariana?" I mugged at him.

"Your past life."

"Oh great, so you believe in all that paranormal shit too?" I rolled my eyes to the ceiling. I was done with all this, I just want to go home and act like all this never happened.

"Not believe it," He shrugged. "I am it," He bit on his bottom lip with a smirk.

"Oh please," I rolled my eyes and pushed past him. I didn't have time to be messing with him and this paranormal bull crap.

"So, you don't believe me?" He grabbed on my arm lightly and pulled me close to him.

"Nope not at all," I took a step back from him but he pulled me even closer to him so that we were chest to chest.