16. Not Again

Chris.

I watched in shock as her eyes rolled to the back of her head as her body dropped on the ground. The piercing scream of someone calling Darrin's name had confused me for a moment until I looked at the person who drove the knife through Zari.

My eyes fixed on him as he had no remorse, no emotion in his eyes. I couldn't move as I stared at my wife lying face down on the ground clinging onto her life.

I felt Cairo brushed past me hard as he made his way to Zari. He carefully picked her up bridal style and walked past Darrin.

Screams filled the house as Cairo walked in. The lights in the house flickered on and off and once the lights came back on, they were gone.

"Darrin how could you!?" Carmen ran up to him as she balled her tiny hands into fists and pounded on him. "How could you stab your own sister; my best friend!?" She screamed.

Seconds later I ran up to Darrin, pushing Carmen out the way, and wrapped my hands around his neck. I could feel the demonic presence in me creeping out as my hands tightened around his neck.

"You stabbed her," I finally spoke, by now Carmen has ran back into the house leaving the two of us alone.

Darrin looked me in my face and smirked. "She had it coming."

Rage quickly filled my body causing me to take a hand off his neck and connect it to his face repeatedly.

"Chris stop!" I heard my mom yell.

I ignored her and continued to punch Darrin in his face. Bone cracking was heard and soon to follow blood came oozing out his nose and mouth.

"Chris stop!" My mom screamed to the top of her lungs as I felt a man hand grabbed on my shoulder to stop me from hitting Darrin.

I dropped Darrin on his face and quickly turned around to whoever touched me. My hand found its way to his neck as I raised him off his feet.

"Let me go Chris," Her father's voice struggled. I blinked hard a few times until I was able to see clearly. I looked up at Zari dad and slowly put him down on his feet.

"My wife," I mumbled I felt the tears threaten to spill. "My best friend, my everything."

Her father looked at me with tears in his eyes as he pulled me into a hug. I stood there in shocked once again because this could really be the end of Zari, there was nothing that I could have done to stop it.

"Cairo took Zari when the lights went out, find them and make sure he takes my princess to the hospital." His voice slowly started to crack. "I'll make sure that Darrin gets what he deserves," I could hear the pain in his voice as he pulled away from me and walked over to a limp Darrin.

I looked at my mom and saw the heartbreak on her face as the tears came pouring down. She looked at me and nodded slowly. She went inside the crease of her dress and pulled out a familiar chain. She came up to me and her placed my necklace in my hand.

"I thought you broke it?" I sniffed as I closed my hand around the necklace.

"I did but this is another one I made your grandma make. You will still have to go back and find the one I broke, but this should help you until then." Tears still poured from her eyes as she looked at all the chaos that was going around. "Go to her. I'll deal with everything here, but hurry your father and Felicia left after Cairo left."

I nodded my head and kissed her forehead. "Mama I am so sorry," I took a step back from her and ran into the house. The lights flickered off and by the time the lights flickered on I was outside of the hospital.