12. Answers (prt.1)

Zari:

The little beads of light that peaked through the curtains stretched across my body, making me look as though I had more curves than before. I faced the long mirror that was on my side of the bed and looked at myself. My curly mane of hair was everywhere and the light shade of red that my eyes were indicated that I didn't get any sleep what so ever. I rolled my eyes and sighed heavily as I laid on my back and push myself up on my elbows, the covers dropped off shoulders to the top of my breast showing the hickeys and bite marks he left.

Feeling his intense stare, I turned to look at him, his face was a light shade of red and his lips were a darker shade of red from him biting on it so much.

"What are you looking at?" I took one more glance at him before looking at his tattooed chest that was halfway covered by the covers as well.

"Just looking at you," His voice was low and slow. He looked me up and down and chuckle a little.

I arched my brow at him and couldn't help but smile. Despite the way he currently looked he was still the man I love.

"You're one weird ass man," I kissed the side of his lips and laid my head on his pillow.

"How am I weird?"

"You looked at me and chuckled. What was all that about?"

"Your just so sexy after sex. I just can't help myself," He wrapped his arm around me and looked up at the ceiling.

I shook my head and laughed at him.

"You're really something else."

"I get that's a lot," He shrugged his shoulders and sighed.

As I was about to tell Chris something that was on my mind until I felt something that made me become alert, causing me to sit up and look around the room. I threw the covers off me and slipped on my shorts and my t-shirt.

"What's going on?" He asked as I could hear him get out of the bed and put on his briefs and night pants.

"Something don't feel right," I mumbled under my breath. I grabbed a random jacket from out the closet and zipped it up while putting on my slippers. I reached for the room door and dashed down the hallway and down the steps.

"What do you mean Zari?" Chris was right on my heels as we made our way down to the living room. I stood in the middle of the room and looked around. Nothing seemed to be out of place, but I had a gut feeling that an unwelcome presence was either here as we speak or near.

"Just like I said Chris, open your ears," I mugged back at him. He looked down at me with a mug on his face before chuckling.

"All the slick talking you've been doing since this shit started is really getting on my damn nerves."

"Well maybe if you stop repeating the same questions over and over again I wouldn't have to be smart at the mouth," I shot at him with a low gaze.

"Alright, fuck it, I'm going back up to the room," He turned on his heels and headed towards the stairs. "If you need me just scream like you always do," Chris jogged up the stairs leaving me alone in the living room.

I shook my head and proceeded to look around the first level on the house. Realizing that nothing was here I sighed and found my way back into the living room. I plumped down on the couch and placed my head in my hands. Something was truly wrong, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

"What the hell is wrong with me?" I mumbled to myself as I leaned my head on the back of the chair. Just as I was about to close my eyes I saw a woman like feature standing in the middle of the kitchen. I stood to my feet and slowly made my way towards her.