12. Selfish Pt1

Zari.

The sounds of birds chirping are what woke me. I been trying to think of ways that I could come up with a plan to not only save my life, but also my little family. Even though I told Cairo that I didn't care about my babies I lied.

I needed to make it seem as though that I'm really done with them. I have to make everything look as real as possible, even if that means I have to lie and act on impulse. My next move has to be unpredictable. No one should be able to pinpoint my next move or suspect anything coming.

"Z, are you up?" The light knock on the door snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, Pops I'm up."

"Come downstairs after you get yourself situated. Food should be done by the time you come down."

Even though I wasn't in the mood to eat anything, I rolled out of bed and walked to my dresser full of my old clothes. Picking up random sweats, I slipped them on and grabbed a random t-shirt to put on.

I walked outside of my room and down the hall towards the steps as I fought to put the shirt over my head.

"It would be a terrible accident if you were to trip and fall down the steps wouldn't it?" A light chuckle came from behind me.

It didn't sound like Darrin but instead it sounded like a middle-aged man who voice was deep and sinister.

I quickly found the hole for my head and slid it through, "Fuck you, you llama face bitch," I spat at him as he walked past me.

I squinted my eyes in confusion. It was indeed Darrin's body walking pass me, but was it really Darrin himself?

"Watch your mouth while speaking to me little girl." He looked over his shoulder at me. His eyes weren't his normal brown color, but instead it was a lighter shade, more like a caramel color to be exact and that's when I knew I finally came face to face with the very same man who wants me dead.

"Tell your son to stay out my pussy," I stood where I was and folded my arms over my chest.

He stopped just a few steps below me and turned to look up at me. He shoved his hands into his sweat pockets and arched his brow.

"What kind of father are you to not want your son to be happy with who he want to be with? You are a sorry excuse of a father and I can't wait to see you at the dinner so you can smell my juices all on your sons lips. You dumb dick." I walked down each steps slowly and stared at him in his eyes before I pushed past him to make my way down the rest of the steps.

I felt his hand grip on my arm tightly as he yanked me up a few steps and slammed my back against the wall causing a few pictures to shake. He pointed his finger in my face and looked at me with disgust.

"My son could never love a pathetic bitch like you," He spat.

"Wow, your granddaughters would really hate you for putting your hands on your sons wife aka your daughter-in-law aka me," I chuckled.

"You will die and I'll make sure it's by the hands of me."

I squinted my eyes at him as he made his threat.

"That's absolutely fine. I'm ready to die anyway," I snatched my arm away and walked the rest of the way down the steps without looking back. "But I do find it funny how you tried to harm me by sending demons my way, and putting me through tragic accidents, while trying to erase my memories and still failed, so good luck," I told him loud enough as I made my way into the kitchen.

"Z who are you talking to?" Pops asked me as he looked up from the pan of uncooked pancakes.

"Oh, just talking to Darrin," I smiled lightly.