9. Family

Zari.

The feeling of someone tiny cold finger dragging down my arm woke me up. My eyes slowly opened as I waited for them to adjust at this point in time I was growing extremely tired of waking up with something bad happening.

"Mommy," The voice whispered from the corner of the dark room.

I quickly pushed myself up on my elbows and looked towards the corner.

"Mommy," The voice grew a little louder. It wasn't my baby girls; their voices didn't sound anything like how this voice is sounding.

The voice was dark and more boyish like. I didn't have a boy, so I was confused. I turned to Chris and tapped on his shoulder lightly. He needed to wake up.

He scooted away from me and smacked his lips in his sleep.

"Mommy." The voice came again, but this time it sounded closer.

I quickly turned around and felt my heart drop. There standing at the edge of the bed was a little light skin boy. He looked no older than four and looked exactly like a younger version of Chris. They both have the same light freckles, same nose, eyes, lips, head shape all the way down to the teeth.

He looked at me funny then pointed at me.

"You're not my mommy," He came closer to the bed and rested his chin on the edge. His eyes started to turn black, and it made me jump back.

I quickly turned around and got in the small gap between Chris and the wall.

"Chris, get up," I patted on his chest.

"Where's my Mommy?" He got louder. The bed dipped on the side and I felt my heart quicken.

"Chris get up," I patted his chest harder, and his eyes jumped open. I jumped back from shocked and hit the back of my head hard on the wall. I rub the back of my now pounding head and whined.

"What do-"

"Daddy?" The boy whispered.

Chris nudged his brow quickly at me then sat up. He turned to his right to where the boy was sitting and stared in shock. Him and the little boy both stared at each other for what seemed like forever. By the way he was looking, Chris knew this little boy. I knew it.

"Chris, who and what is that?" I whispered from behind him as I looked over his shoulder. I rubbed the back of my throbbing head and hoped that I didn't have a migraine later on.

"What are you doing here? You're not my daddy either," The boy sounded as if he was getting angry. His eyes were still black, and it had me on my toes, just In case I needed to run.

The door opened quickly causing me to jump. Cairo stood there with his eyes red, his body frame was tall and his sharp teeth hung out of his mouth. That's when I knew something was wrong. He looked over at us and then the little boy.

"Let's go," Cairo turned away from the door and walked away.

Chris and I both looked at each other then quickly got out of the bed.

"Cairo, what's going on?" I asked as we followed behind him.

"Something isn't right," His voice was deep and demonic.

"What do you mean Cairo?" Chris asked. "This was supposed to be the safe house, now what?"

"Something isn't right in there. It's like she's not letting something go and it's haunting and taking over the house," Cairo walked up the street as we both followed him.

"So where are we going now?" Chris matched Cairo's pace as I agreed.

"Back to my house. There's a car at the end of the road. Get back to my house safely. I'm going to scope out the scene to make sure you guys are not being followed, " Cairo turned towards the woods and walked in them.