8. Make the right decision

Chris.

"You lied to her in that car Chris," I looked up from the ground to look at my grandma.

"When are you going to tell her that Rahme is Felicia?" She arched her brow down at me.

"I have this under control," I placed my hands under my chin.

"I honestly think you don't. You're going to push this back until she finds out herself, and it won't be long before she does Christopher," She walked away from me to sit back in her chair. She pulled the quilt up to her thighs and folded her hands together.

I leaned back on the small sofa and rested my head on the cushion. I wasn't ready to tell Zari just yet. I didn't know how she would react to that news. Zari was very unpredictable, and I don't know if she'll leave me for good this time.

"I can tell that you're tired. Why haven't you slept much?"

"I don't sleep until she sleeps," Which was true. There were many restless nights in order to keep her protected.

"You have to look out for yourself as well Christopher. You need sleep to keep yourself rested."

"Grandma I know," I chewed on my lip as I picked at the skin on my nails.

"Now you can finally rest for a while to get your mind on track, and maybe you can find out where the house was to find that there necklace," She nodded her head at me.

I nodded my head and looked around the place. Nothing really changed since I last been here, only thing that was different were the more pictures added to her wall. The wooden piano was still connected to the wall with her many knitted quilts covering the top. The wallpaper was still peeling from off the walls. The same creepy, and old furniture sat in the same order. It looked as though nothing has never been touched.

"I always wondered why she never left you," Grandma mumbled. I looked towards her but looked away. I knew she was about to insult me and my relationship with Z.

"She's smart, beautiful, and deserves better especially from you. It's a shame she had to deal with her mother disapproval of you both relationships to begin with. You knew that and instead of showing that you could be the Chris that I know you could be, instead you did the most hurtful thing a girl could ever encounter and then you did it repeatedly," She shook her head as I continued to stare off into space.

"Where's her parents?" I asked. I didn't want to talk about me hurting Zari anymore. I know what I did and I'm trying to make up for it.

"In the same house she grew up in, across the street from your mothers."

"How are they still there?" It didn't make any sense now. Every time we've ended back at that house they were never there.

"Maybe they were there, but we weren't." I looked to see Zari coming from the hallway. She shoved her hands in her sweats as she stood in the walkway.

"Did you hear all that?" I stood to my feet.

"Well, the walls aren't thick, so what do you think?" She was trying to control her anger. "Chris how does she know so much about me, and I don't know not a thing about her?"

"I think you should be asking me instead of my grandson."

Zari and I both looked in her direction. Zari chuckled a little before turning on her heels to walk off.

"I'm going to take a nap."

"Zari," I called out to her as I followed behind.

She looked over her shoulder and shrugged.