6. Reunited

Cairo.

I watched as Chris paced back and forth inside of my living room. It's been almost two days since I've heard anything from Zari and Darrin, and to tell myself that it wasn't bugging me would be a lie.

We both tried to call Zari phone, but it would send us to her voicemail, or the phone would pick up, but no one would say anything. It would be just static.

I felt Chris sat next to me with his phone in his hand. He pressed her name again to call and pressed it to his ear.

"The person you have d-."

Chris snatched the phone away from his ear and threw the phone across the room. It shattered into a million pieces when it came into contact with the wall. I continued to look at him, his face was turning red, and his eyes looked a little more watery than usual.

"Chris, calm down. You acting like this won't make her call you back," I patted his back. "Now she's really not going to call you back, why did you break your phone?"

"You don't understand Cairo. The love of my life, is out there probably in danger, and I can't fucking help because I don't even know where she could be," Chris sat back with his back in the cushions. "Then our pops was the one to do all this, there's no telling if he'll even allow her to make it to us."

"You know Zari is a very smart girl, she can out smart anyone. As long as she doesn't drive down Deathstreet then she should be fine," I knew deep down that Zari was close, but I didn't know how close she could be.

Just then there was a loud knock at the door. We both looked at each other and ran to the door. I grabbed the door handle and swung the door open, but then mugged when I saw who stood there.

Chris sighed deeply as every curse word in the book flooded from his mouth. I knew that he disappeared into one of the rooms to hide from her.

"Hey Cairo, where's my baby?" Felicia pushed pass me into the house.

"Nobody invited you, Felicia," I turned around while closing the door. I folded my arms over my chest and stood with my chin high.

"Oh, no, you have me mistaken for someone else. I don't know who a Felicia is," She acted as if I didn't know.

"What the fuck are you doing at my house Felicia?" I walked up to her. She wasn't fooling anyone, Chris already told me what was up with her and I could already sense her. Rahme was a fake cover up that her grandmother tried to disguise her as.

"Well, if you must know Cairo, I could feel that something wasn't right with Chris and I needed to come check up on him and it's Rahme," Felicia rolled her eyes and placed her hand on her hip.

"He's straight, now see your way out my crib," I pointed towards the door.

"Anyway, where's Chris?" She scuffed.

Just as I was about to put my hands on her the front door burst open. I looked behind me to see Darrin walking inside the house with Zari limping behind.

I slapped hands with Darrin and quickly walked over to Zari. She looked sick with sweat dripping from her face. Her skin was greenish looking, and she held a brown colored towel to her neck.

"Hey Cairo," she said weakly as she leaned on the wall.

"What the fuck happened to you?" I asked as I walked closer to her. I grabbed on the towel and jerked my hand back when I felt that the towel was wet. I sniffed my finger and mugged.

"What got you bleeding?" I nudged my eyebrows together as I carefully took the towel away from her neck. I mugged when I saw a deep bite mark, and how dark the skin around it was.