Chapter 3

"T- twelve?" I stuttered out, and gasped. "My mother, oh god, what is she gonna say? She's gonna kill me. I need to think of an excuse. I can't just say I fell asleep-" I was cut off when Bretton covered his palm with my mouth. The connection sent electric tingles through my body, and I shivered yet again when I was in his presence. 

"You're rambling. Just say the truth, she 'otta understand." He removed his hand, and wherever his skin had touched, made my skin burn.

"Oh no no, if you met my mother you'd understand my doom." I noticed I was carrying on a conversation with him for the first time, and I blushed. "Hopefully she's gotten a call and hasn't come home, or her car crashed and she's in the hospital, or maybe she went on a business trip and can't make it home for-"

"You're rambling again." His voice was so nice, and I wanted him to talk forever. I mentally smacked myself in the forehead. Where were all these thoughts coming from?

My cheeks grew hotter in embarrassment, and I then realized everyone in the room left, which made me redden further. What is with me today? Maybe it's because Bretton decided to talk to you.

I heard him chuckle at my blushing, and I went to sit down at a chair. Who knew I might end up fainting? I bet I would. 

I covered my face with my palms. I knew Bretton had sat in a chair across from me by the wind that gently swarmed past my arms. "I need to get going.." I say, getting up from the chair I had just sat on eight seconds before.

"I'll drive you." He gets up after me. I wonder why he suddenly took an interest in me. 

"No-" I then realized my mother didn't come to pick me up, well if she did, I was asleep. "I'll... walk." I turn around to leave the library and head to my locker. I was relieved that he didn't follow because one of his fellow friends entered just then to speak to him, and it seemed pretty urgent.

I had quickly gotten my things for my last few classes that were still laying on the table, before actually leaving. I felt a headache form from the 'excitement' that had come today. I wasn't used to this much action, considering this would be the exact amount I got in a year.

Quickly opening my locker, I shoved my books and papers into it, and took out my jacket, and backpack. As I was about to close it as  a feeling of being watched sent violent shivers down my spine. I wipped my head around, looking for a pair of eyes but found nothing. Huh. I shrugged it off, but still looked behind my back every few seconds as I made my way back down the hallway, and to the exit. 

As I was about to leave, I noticed the doors were locked. Of course. I groaned and slid my back down the door until I was sitting down on the white tile floor, my body pressed against the cold door. I was not about to stay the night inside a school. I could find a janitor, but decided against it when I knew they wouldn't be out this late at night... or this early in the morning. It was one oclock now, and I was so tired. I just wanted to close my eyes and go t-

"Locked out?" A voice asked, and it made butterflies erupt in  my    stomach.

"More like, locked in," I huff. Hearing him quietly chuckle, I keep myself from rolling my eyes.

There was a minute of silence, before he spoke again. "Well, I have keys."

My eyes suddenly looked up to him, and I got up quickly. "Give me! I need to get home and go to bed, and eat before I die!" I was over-exaggerating, but I was desperate. "Please."

He pretended to think, tapping his chin and I grew irritated. "Okay," He finally said, tossing me the shiny metal that would get me out of this place. I smiled, and stuck the key into the lock.

I opened the door, and was hit with a waff of cold air. I clenched my teeth to keep them from chattering, as I made my way down the sidewalk. "I never said you'd get away with getting out for free." I hear him say behind me. Ignoring him, I continue to walk. "You owe me!" But before I could whip around and tell him I didn't, I was thrown to the cement.

Groaning, I gripped the back of my head as it had hit the ground hard. I was picked up by the arms, and I was quickly marveled by this man's strength. He had rich brown hair, with black eyes that seemed to make you drown, and he was about in his 30's. The man brought me closer to him, his grip still tight on my arms and I knew I'd have some serious bruises tomorrow.

If I even lived to tomorrow.

The death grip he had on my arms was released, and I fell yet again to the ground. But this time he didn't pick me up. I widened my eyes in shock as I saw Bretton wrestling this muscular man to the ground, well I wasn't saying Bretton wasn't muscular himself, but boy was the man buff. I crab-crawled backwards until I seemed a safe distance away, but I was still backing up anyways.

Just to make things worse, Bretton seemed to be losing. I let out a yelp that suprised me, as Bretton was punched square in the jaw.

My eyes seemed to drop out of their sockets when the man suddenly turned into a wolf. 

Wait, what? I rubbed my eyes with my hands, and gasped when it was real. I heard a scream rip the air, and soon realized that it was me. I was up on my feet, and I dashed down the street. I didn't care if a car came zooming by, and hit me. I just wanted to get away.

Away from it. "Oh my god!" I yelled.

He couldn't have become a wolf.. that's like.. being a werewolf. I shuddered. Maybe a wolf came and I just didn't see that the man was still there. The police had told me about the constant attacks of canines. But.. what if the canines that were attacking were the werewolves?

A pair of lights came into view, and I avoided it in time. I was like a blind bat running for it's life. 

Once I came to my street, I seemed to push myself to run faster. This couldn't be happening. I was just dreaming. I had to be dreaming. 

I opened my door, and slammed it shut. My parents weren't home, and was kind of glad. I wouldn't have known what to say to them about my condition. I couldn't just casually say, "Oh, well I was just at school with a boy named Bretton, and he got attacked by a wolf that was once a man." They'd think I was crazy.

I immediatly went to my room, pinching myself along the way hoping to wake up. I flew to my bed, and crawled under the covers while trying to calm my breathing, but failed. My mind was racing, along with my heart. I felt like it would burst out of my chest with the rate it was going. I couldn't blame myself, I just saw something that no one saw on a daily basis, or saw ever in their life.

If this is what normal people did everyday, I was out. I preferred a more calm, less complicated and exciting life.

I rested my head on my pillow, and I felt my cheeks growing wet. I was crying. Something I didn't do often, just when I was overwhelmed and couldn't control what it was that was making me this way.

Oh, emotional me.

Once I layed my head on the pillow, and closed my eyes, I fell asleep rather quickly. I was pretty suprised considering I was shivering in fear, my arms were throbbing, I was constantly crying, and worrying that the wolf/man would crash through the window and kill me with his white teeth

***********************

Not well written, I know.

And short! ;)

More chap chaps coming, don't worry.

Hey, or ney?