Chapter 25

Once the words left Bretton's mouth I became a little skeptical. Who could love me? You couldn't get all that mad at me for asking that question, with my parents. But, there were people around me at the pack house, the girls, Kia and Bretton's parents. I couldn't forget the idiots Braxton and Micheal, though. 

When I looked into his eyes after trying and failing to look at anything but him, his eyes told the most utter truth. His eyes held the intensity of his loving feelings that not even I could imagine. His face was unsmiling, with no hint of what he was feeling. If you didn't look into his eyes, you would have probably thought he was in an angry state.

I wouldn't doubt it one bit that Bretton loved me. 

"I love you," He said again. "Not even words could describe how I feel about you. Not even my actions. I know it may be hard to imagine that it is love I feel towards you with what has been going on, but I really do love you."

"I," I said. I wasn't sure what to say, really. I couldn't help but smile. "I love you, too."

We were about to touch lips, but the door slammed open. "Hey, do you know-" Micheal stopped, before coming over to playfully punch Bretton on the arm. Though it would have caused a bruise on me. "Was I interupting something?" He asked, his eyebrows wiggling.

"You don't have to act so immature, Micheal." I said, smiling wider. "What is it you wanted?"

"Where is the peanut butter?" He turned away from Bretton to look at me.

I shrugged. "Did you check the pantry?"

"Yes." Micheal said quickly, before rushing out the door, slamming it closed behind him. I bet he didn't even look in the pantry. 

A couple seconds past before I turned away from the direction of the door, chuckling. I face Bretton's serious gaze. "Now, where were we?"

***

"Lea!" The girls bombarded into the living room while I was situated comfortably on the couch, a Lean Cuisine sitting on my lap.

"With how much trouble you're getting into Lea, we'll need to chain you to your bedpost and glue you down." Sally said, sitting down next to me. The rest of the girls sat around me.

"I'm sorry," I said, tapping the spoon on my chin. I really was. I guess I had the habit of walking into things, not really expecting what was there laying ahead of me. I didn't use my head.

"We missed you so much!" Carly yelled, before they bundled me up into hugs.

"How's Phione?" I asked after we sat in a couple minutes of silence. I regretted even asking.

"I went to visit her today with Sally," Tina said. "She's worse. Can barely stay into consciousness for a minute."

"We timed her, actually." Sally said, trying to lighten the mood. But in all honesty, it made me feel worse.

I place my Lean Cuisine on the coffee table in front of me before getting up. "I'm going to go visit her." I felt the need to be with her as much as I can. I don't know why I felt this way because Phione was going to make it out okay and alive and well.

Not waiting for their response, I get up, grab my jacket and leave.

I didn't really know where any of the car keys were so I was going to walk over to the hospital. It was a little  bit of a walk but it gave me time to think over Phione, and how little life left she has. 

I wonder how Jake was handling this, being her brother and all.

Entering the hospital, I walk past the desk and down the hall. I knew what floor Phione was on and which door number she was in. "Hey, miss!" Someone behind me called as I pressed the elevator button to go up.