Chapter 8

Bretton wouldn't let me leave his house for school since the rogues were still out and about.

I didn't know why he was so worried, I'd be in school, with a lot of people around. A lot of werewolf people. But, I didn't question it and decided to roam his house. I mean, it was huge, so if I were staying here for awhile, and since I was Bretton- the alpha's mate, I'd have to know every inch of this house. I guess since my parents were out on a business trip, it wouldn't hurt to stay at his house... excuse me, I meant to say mansion. He said he wouldn't let me stay at my house anyways, if I liked it or not.

So far I've found three kitchens, two of them were smaller considering the larger one was the main kitchen, countless bathrooms, and I bet there was a bathroom in every room, too. Who needed these much bathrooms? Two living rooms, which had the most gorgeous furniture ever, a couple game rooms, since there were so much children. Every hall I passed seemed to have at least two children running down them. A music room- I was guessing- since there was a piano, guitar, drums.. etc. I was having quite a blast exploring the house, it was fun.

Rounding a corner, I found myself back by the entrence to the main kitchen and decided to get something to eat. I haven't really seen anyone I'd known so far, maybe a couple of unknown faces. Whom looked at me and smiled, I think they knew me, but I didn't know them. I wondered where everyone was. Well, everyone I knew.

Opening some of the cupboards, I pulled out the ingredients for making alfredo. It was a little much for a simple meal, but the cupboards held the ingredients, and I held the appetite for eating it. I had some trouble with cooking it, because I was not a natural-born cook, or a cook in general. I could burn a piece of toast for crying out loud. Maybe this wasn't a good idea to make Alfredo, but I couldn't turn back now. And when I was done, it didn't really look right, and it said it would take 45 minutes to cook, but it's been more than an hour and a half. I really should have just waited for someone with more cooking experience to make it.

I was hesitant to eat it. Slowly scooping some of the Alfred onto my fork, I put it in my mouth. Well, it didn't taste that bad, considering it looked like crap. Who am I kidding, it tastes like crap, too!

I quickly spit the food out onto my plate, and threw it all away into the garbage under the sink. "Egh." I shuddered, getting a glass of milk to wash the taste out of my mouth.

"What were you making?" I whipped my head around and spotted someone who looked a lot like Bretton, -but much older- leaning agaisnt the entrance's door frame.

My face heated up in embarrassment. "Alfredo. I am never cooking again." I sat down at one of the stools around the island. "I haven't seen you before, you are?"

"Primus. If you couldn't tell, I'm Bretton's older brother." Primus sat down next to me. "And you must be the famous Lea."

I laughed, "Oh no, not famous. Maybe I am, but in all the wrong ways."

"Wrong ways?" His electric blue eyes focused on me in much interest. "Elaborate."

"Well, I was beaten by a girl, named Chelsey the b*tch. I started a food fight, and is the school's worst student.. as in so many nasty rumours." I paused, "That's why I don't go to school."

"Huh. Well, I think everyone here would much rather have you here than at school." He was flirting.

Suddenly I realized something. "Wouldn't you.. be the Alpha since you're older than Bretton?" I twirled in my chair so I was facing him better.

"I didn't want to be Alpha." Primus' eyes suddenly darkened. "I'd much rather not talk about that, though." And I nodded in understanding, though I desperately wanted to know, it was going to bug me.