Chapter 17

Everyone.

It is time for.......

(drum roll please)

(BRETTON POV)

 'What do you mean, gone?' I roared to Braxton through mind link.

'She's gone. Kia is out cold, and Tala is... she's balling her eyes out. You need to come. Now.' Braxton closed the link, and I focused on my surroundings. 

Luckily I had killed about a handful of rogues, I had done some good. But Lea is gone, and I need to go and find her. I need clues to her disappearance. 

As I ran through the trees back to the pack house, I kept an ear out for rogues lurking around, or if any are going to jump me from behind the trees. 

My breath whirled up in clouds from the cold night air, and my paws thundered across the forest floor, racing through the trees.

Lea's gone.

My heart felt like it was torn from my chest, and then ripped in half. I held in a howl of sadness as the pack house came into view.

It smelt of blood, but none of it was from Lea. Thank god.

I shifted quickly, got into some shorts, and ran inside.

I follow the scent of Braxton, and it led me into his room. Everywhere I passed was ripped to shreds, and I growled. I had scented Lea by the entrance, and I immediately knew she was gone for about thirty minutes, maybe more.

I punched the wall nearest me, and growled again. 

I dropped my hands, breathed in and out until my racing heart went back to a regular beat, and walked into Braxton's room.

Kia was laying on the bed, a big gash on her forehead, and I ran to Tala who was curled in a ball near the end of the bed. Braxton was sitting next to Kia. "Tala, can you tell me what happened?"

"I- I-" She stuttered. I needed answers right about now. 

"Tala, tell me what happened." I ordered. She shrank back in fear a little.

"I was with Hanna... and then the rogue comes and he takes Hanna away! I ran to my room where it was safe- and h- he came and grabbed me." She paused, tears filling her eyes, and I wrapped her in my arms. "Kia came into the room and fought o- off the rogue, Lea took me and we went into the hallway. I heard them fight, but he ended up hitting her-"

She was cut off by a growl from Braxton before she continued again.

"And then he took Lea, and I ran to Kia."

"Did Lea say something, or the guy say something?" I asked.

"H- he said something about a g- guy named Derek." 

I growled. I would get her. I would save Lea, and then I'd make sure she was never taken from me again. 

"Lea told me to run, a- and she said to tell you she  loved y- you." My eyes widened in surprise, and I couldn't help but whimper.

She loved me.

She loved me. 

My wolf howled with joy at what Tala said. "We need to get her back. I will get her back if it's the last thing I do." I said, storming out of the room.

                                                                                                ***