Chapter 28

"Do you want to watch The Croods, or Frozen?" I asked Bretton, holding each disk box in hand. 

"Either one." Bretton said. "Whatever you like most."

"Okay we're watching Frozen. I love this movie so much!" I said excitedly, putting the disk in the movie player. I settled on the couch next to Bretton, his arms wrapped around my shoulders. "Have you watched it before?" I asked.

"Nope." 

"It's so good." I played the movie. I sang along when they started to sing, even if I was never in choir. My voice was too scratchy to ever be good to listen to.

Half way through the movie a pack member came in. When he saw that we were busy, he slightly bowed  his head in apology. "Alpha." 

I paused the movie and Bretton got up from the couch. "Yes?"

"Primus was moved to a prison cell." He said. "Beta Braxton wants you down in the office."

"Thank you." Bretton said, before turning around to look at me. I got up and went by his side. "I have to go do Alpha business. It won't take too long." 

"I'm coming with you." I said, walking past him and following the familiar path down to the prison. I had only gone down there once, when Kia was put in one of the cells. I didn't like it down there one bit.

"Lea-" He started.

"No. I am coming with. I am Luna and it is my duty." I told him. I opened the door and descended the stairs. It was clean in the cells, but it still was creepy. With all of the rogues and werewolf criminals all locked inside. 

I walked inside of Bretton's prison office, spotting Braxton seated in one of the chairs. "Hey, Lea." 

"Hi." I said. "Are we going to speak with Primus?" I was glad he was now locked inside of a cell. 

Braxton looked at me, his mouth slightly open. "Shouldn't you ask Bretton for permission?" 

Bretton wrapped his arm around my waist. "Of course she can." Bretton said, and I smiled. "But I will do all the talking." He added smirking, and I rolled my eyes.

"Okay. Right this way." Braxton got up from his spot on the chair and left the room, us following. He opened a door leading to a new prison section. "He was put in a special cell. It only seemed reasonable."

Braxton stopped in front of a cell and I looked inside to see a worn out Primus inside of it. He looked awful, bags under his eyes, his clothes dirty and an ugly scowl across his face. I really did wonder what happened to him, anyways, that made him change. 

"Bretton." Primus greeted, but it wasn't a kind greeting. Braxton left, closing the door behind him.

"Tell me what you wanted those notes for." Bretton ordered. After I got back from the incident with Primus, the notes were put in a safe place. 

"I don't really know what was on them. I was getting them for Derek." Primus said. Though he looked exhausted, his voice was strong. 

"Derek is dead, you know that, right?" I said quickly. Bretton turned around to give me a warning glare. 

"Dead?" Primus laughed. "Dead. You fools. Derek isn't dead."

A cold wave went through me, making me shiver. Derek isn't dead? Maybe he's just confused.

"I killed him." Bretton said. "I watched him die."

"Oh, but you don't know what race he is." Primus turned to look me in the eye. "He is werewolf and vampire. He can't die by just tearing him to pieces. He is literally unstoppable."