Chapter 23

You would be surprised at how depressed I'm feeling right now, with Phione in the hospital.

I'm scared for her life.

I sat on my bed, hollowed up in the blankets. I didn't know what else to do, I was just in so much shock that Phione was going to die. Die. Earlier I had ended up breaking a fellow pack members arm when they tried to hug me, so Bretton locked me in my room so I wouldn't end up hurting someone else.

I groaned, falling back on the bed. I can't believe I'm not able to see Phione. She's in the hospital, with such life threatening wounds, and I'm not able to see her.

Soon I'm just going to end up throwing a huge fit, and fight my way to the hospital. I doubt I'd make it there though.

I threw the blankets off the bed in anger, flipping the mattress also. I stood there in the bed mess, before cleaning it up, changing the sheets as I did so.

When you are locked up in a room, about to blow a fuse, it gets hectic.

I paced the room, biting my nails. Nail biting was now a hobby of mine since the accident.

During the time I was locked up, I was able to look in the bag the rogue was carrying. There were several envelopes I had yet to open, the money and notes that were in the safe were safely in the bag.

I walked over to the desk where the envelopes lay in a pile before bringing them over to the bed.

I opened the one that had my name on it in red ink, first. The note was confusing.

Dear, Lea

I assume you now have the bag safely brought to Bretton's territory. I would not doubt that I was not correct. I also assume you have killed me, since I was holding the bag and you think I was the one to steal it. I was not. It was by a man who was unidentified to even me.

He is coming for the bag.

Hide it

I close the note and look over at the leather bag laying on my arm chair. I was supposed to hide the bag from someone who was searching for it. I looked back to

the envelopes and continue reading the other ones before the door opens.

"Lea, are you hungry?" Bretton asked.

"Mm, no. Just busy reading." I said simply, still a little angry at him for not letting me leave the room to go eat myself or see to Phione.

"Alright, then." Bretton left, closing the door quietly behind him. Like the weak girl that I was, I suddenly had wished he was here with me. Bretton always seemed to make me happy, even when I was mad at him. I craved his touch, but I forced my want down so I could focus on the task in front of me.

Most of the notes were written in a language I didn't know, so I didn't bother trying to translate them till later on.

I was suddenly cold when I sat there, so I picked up my sweater. As I put it on, a note fluttered onto the floor. Reaching down, I snatched it up and studied the front.

Nothing was on the front or back, so I opened it. The three words sprawled on it, with the date of today, changed a small part of my life.

Tonight Rock's Peak

If I was going to Rock's Peak tonight, I would need to escape. I know people would find out about my escape, and chase me.

I also knew I might be risking my life going there, I didn't know what I was in for.

The day rolled on until the moon rose high in the air. I decided to write Bretton a note.

My dearest Bretton,