Chapter 5

I pushed the grocery cart farther down the aisle, placing some food into the cart.

Mostly my cart consisted of unhealthy foods like icecream, chips and nacho dip, man n cheese, little bags of candy, and chocolate. But I knew that it would make me feel better, so I was okay with it.

I moved my way into an aisle that had drinks, and I grabbed four bottles of gatorade. 

When I knew that I was good on food hunting, I went in line to check out. I guess when I'm at school, I didn't realize that the grocery store was so busy. People were pulling litttle children who were to young to be in school around the building, adults talked on the phone, and some school skippers-like me-roamed the area. 

When the older lady in front of me was done checking out, I moved my cart forward to pay. "Unhealthy food, forlorn expression, and a young teen." I heard someone say. "I'm guessing you're having a no school day because something tragic happened?" I looked up when I realized it was the person who was checking out my food that spoke.

My face insteantly went into flames as I weakly nodded. The boy seemed to be in his later twenties, and he had dark brown hair, chocolate eyes, and a deep tan. "I - I guess."

He chuckled, it was a rich sound and I suddenly wondered what Bretton's laugh sounded like. 

I payed, and took the bags that held my food in hand. "Thanks." 

"No problem." He smiled wide, showing his nice teeth. "You should come here more often."

I left the building quickly. That was totally embarrassing. 

Shoving the bags into the passenger side of my car, I started the engine. It was hard for me to focus on the road, because a certain someone kept entering my mind. When I heard a couple horn honking, I immediatly started to try to focus harder. I was not going to die in a car accident because of some boy I barely knew, but had strong feelings for. 

Were these signs feelings? I guess I could say I didn't like him. He had a girlfriend. A vicious one at that. He definitly didn't show any signs of taking a deep interest in me. But I wanted to get rid of that thought, once the encounter with him in the library entered my mind. 

He saved me from a wolf. But than I couldn't help but furrow my eyebrows in confusion. A wolf attacked him, but he sure did look quite intact at school yesterday. Huh.

As I turned down my street, I parked my car in the driveway, and carried the heavy grocery bags in hand. I shut the car door with my foot, and had to put     the bags on the ground so I could open the front door. 

Picking up the bags again, I walked inside. I immediatly went into the kitchen, hauling the bags in with me. When I turned on the light, I gasped in suprise, the bags dropping to the   floor.

"B- Bretton?" I stuttered, kneeling down to pick the bags up again. He was sat on the dining room table, his face expressionless. He was suddenly on his feet, and took the bags from my grasp and put them on the island counter. My heart immediatly picked up it's rate, and I took a few steps back. I was still a little creeped out about the wolf attack, and the fact that I was expecting him to make a nasty remark like everyone else was doing in school. But he didn't.

"We need to talk." He pointed out. His words took me by suprise and I stood there in silence. Firstly, I was suprised he was in my house, he would have to break in.

"W- why o- or how are you in my house?" I asked, taking another step back. We were now about 3 feet apart, but I didn't know if it was still a safe distance to be at. But at the same time, I just wanted to run and jump into his arms, not wanting any space between us.