Chapter 19

(BRETTON POV)

Wait.. hold up. What? "What the f*ck? She is human." I said, trying to convince myself more then I was trying to convince Derek. How could I have had not sensed it before?

"Would  you enjoy a little...  demonstration?" Derek asked, he was clearly enjoying this. Though, this situation didn't have much 'happiness' or 'giggling' to it.

I let out a heavy breath that I'd been holding. I looked at Lea warily. If she wasn't human... then what was she? "What is this.. demonstration?" I needed to know what she was.

"Oh, it's a surprise." Derek said slowly, the smile that was on his face, growing wider.

Before I could reply, Derek ran to Lea using his werewolf speed, and flipped a switch. I wasn't sure if it was a switch, I just heard a soft click. Her eyes shot open, and she looked around frantically. For a second, I thought she was awake, but I knew that she wasn't. Something he did made her 'semi' wake up, as if sleep walking, but not really that. Lea's mouth opened slightly as she made eye contact with me, and screamed bloody murder. Was she scared of me?

It was one hell of a scream. I was worried if she was going to hurt herself doing this. "Stop! F*ck! Stop this, Derek!" I didn't know how to stop it, so I wasn't going to touch anything. I didn't want to increase the pain she was already enduring.

At least I thought it was pain.

Lea started to thrash, her skin burning until it bled against the silver. I whimpered. Running up to her, I placed my hands all along her body, the sensation should sooth her.

Lea started to scream louder, and move more vigorously until I moved my hands away froom her, backing up in defeat. It hurt me to see her like this, it really did, but I needed to know what was going on. 

I didn't like surprises, especially not ones like this. I mean, it was hard enough for me to see her like this, and not know what she was, and me being the one to blame for it all. 

It was all my fault.

I should have been there to protect her.

I knew I should have assigned her better guards then Kia.

I'm such an idiot. 

I was brought out of my thoughts by an animalistic growl coming from Lea. I whipped my head to her, and watched in horror as she shifted in front of me.

Into a wolf.

"What the hell is this?" I yelled to Derek. This had to be a hallucination, or something. Maybe it was a dream. "Answer me!"

I started to pinch my arms. I was acting ridiculous. 

"Oh, but the answer is right in front of you, Alpha Bretton." Derek tore his eyes from Le- the wolf, and looked into my eyes. "She's a werewolf."

"How?" I look back to the shaking white wolf in front of me. 

"I have a few visitors who'll gladly answer all of your questions." Derek said, and I growled.

As if on cue, four figures made there way towards Derek and I. The light shone on their faces, revealing their identity.

I gasped. Her parents? I should have known.

There were two other people I didn't know, an older man, and a guy around my age. "Alpha Bretton." Lea's mother said, smiling. Though there was no happiness in that smile.

I only nodded, not daring to open my mouth to say something. Two reasons, I didn't know her name, and I was worried I'd say something I'd regret if I opened my mouth.