Chapter 20

(LEA POV)

"How'd you get that gun anyways?" Braxton asked, as I passed him in the hallway.

The gun my father gave me to kill Bretton when I went back to the pack house with him. Of course I couldn't. I am not a cruel person like my father, gladly. Whose father would tell their own daughter to kill their own mate? That is just sick, and I bite on the inside of my cheek to keep from spilling the cookies.

I just shrugged, not really in the mood to talk. At least he didn't prod, and follow me. He just let me ignore him and head to my room to mope about my true identity.

As I opened Bretton and I's room door, I have to bite my cheek again.

I'm a werewolf.

I am a f*cking shifter.

I fell onto the bed, and yelled into a fluffy pillow. I kept wondering what Derek would want from me when I became a werewolf.. I wouldn't have asked. But now I can't really ask, he's kind of.. dead.

I remember the pain of becoming a werewolf so excruciating that I just wanted to... wanted to... I didn't even know how to finish that sentence.

It wasn't as bad as when Bretton tried to kill me. Well, he didn't try to. He didn't know it was me, he didn't recognize my wolf. I couldn't, no wouldn't, think that he would even try to kill me on purpose. I knew him better then that.

Bretton reluctantly left me to go to the office for a couple minutes as we went into the pack house. He would come up soon, and I went all giddy at that thought. I missed him so much, I missed his touch, his caresses, his lips...

The door opened as if on cue, and I didn't even bother to see who it was coming inside.

I was so tempted to just turn around and see, but my face was so comfortable pushed into all the pillows and blankets.

I shivered as their hands gripped my waist, sending shocks along my skin. "Hey, my beautiful she-wolf." Bretton whispered in my ear, before trailing kisses down my neck, stopping at the claim he gave me. Butterflies erupted in my chest when I remembered that night.

"H- hi." I said shakily, turning around so I was facing him now. My breath hitched at our position, he was above me, only centimeters away from touching me. I really wished he would just close the space between us.

I wonder if he was having the same hard time trying to get over the fact that I was indeed a werewolf.

"I am." Bretton silently chuckled, before placing his lips on mine. Oh, how I missed this.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, and did the same thing with my legs around his waist. It was an awkward position, but who cares.

As the kiss got deeper, I started to tug at his hair, making him moan. I hadn't made him moan before, and I smiled wide as I pulled away.

"You sound so schmexy when you moan." I giggled.

"Way to ruin the moment." Bretton playfully growled, before kissing me again.

We enjoyed each others company for another couple house in the safety of our room.

Someone knocked at our door, and I ran and jumped out of the bed and rushed to the door, swinging it open.

Before I could react, I was squeezed to death by the girls I fell in love with the moment I laid my eyes on them.

"Lea!" They all squealed when they let go.

I gave a small wave. I truly did miss them.

"We should go on a run." Tina said, and everyone nodded enthusiastically in agreement.