31 // this is gospel- p!atd

This is Gospel- Panic! At the Disco

amxzing_mason

demon hunter!reader has to decide whether or not capturing and exorcising her boyfriend demon!Dan Howell is a good idea or not.
(it's your favorite a/n writer (not): i literally have an exorcism in my notes you're not even prepared)

As you walked into the apartment lounge, you were shocked to see your once lazy, unsociable boyfriend staring at you with pure black eyes.

"You" Your voice came to a low growl as you recognized the demon inside of his body was the one you encountered ten years ago, the one that killed your sister.

This is gospel, for the fallen ones, locked away in permanent slumber

"Ah, yes. Dear Y/N, well, it's been quite a while since I've seen you around, How have you been, sweetheart?" The demon's thick Scottish accent blending with Dan's made every word sound ten times worse than the one before.

"Leave, you don't belong here. Besides, I can't do much about you, you're inside of my boyfriend's body. Just leave."

Assembling their philosophies,  from pieces of broken memories

"Oh, but dearie, do you not remember how much fun we had? How you watched your poor sister slowly fade away? What was her name, Y/S/N? And you couldn't do anything to help or fight back. Shame." He was now circling you, Dan's fingers tracing over your jaw line.

"That was ten years ago! I was fourteen, for goodness sake! You came in and ransacked me in my most troubled state after what you and those other bastards did to my parents!"

(this is the beat of my heart, this is the beat of my heart)

"Oh, but you never bothered to call an angel to help? I mean, I could've laid off, but what fun would that have been?" He had stopped right in front of you, two of his cold fingers underneath your chin. You eyed his body position, looking at how he stood and how he held himself up, which caused him to smirk. Eyeing a small box in the corner, you thought about ducking and grabbing it to pull put a weapon, but thought about the consequences and decided against it. Best method to go with right now? Your thoughts were quick and choppy. Seduction.

the gnashing teeth and criminal tongues conspire against the odds, But they haven't seen the best of us yet...

"Y'know, you're probably right. I was just trying to figure out your game, test out the waters. And it's looking like that's a bit difficult. Unless-" You took a few steps forward, hoping, praying, that seduction would work. Placing one hand on his chest and another on his face, he seemed to lighten up. "-You were to help me out a little...Oh well, the possibilities of that are small." Pulling you, he grabbed your hips, making sure he was fully pressing you into him.

if you love me let me go, if you love me let me go

"What do you mean by 'test the waters', darling?" You only bit your lip and looked away, until Dan grabbed your chin quite harshly and pulled your lips to his. You hated the feeling, how this different personality changed his soft demeanor so much. But, you still managed to seem like you were enjoying it.

cause these words are knives that often leave scars, the fear of falling apart

"What do you want, darling?" He leaned back, his eyes dark and lustful.

"You. But first, let me cancel my plans with PJ, he's no longer important. Why don't you go set up a little something in the room?" Dan sprinted out of the room , something you had never seen him do.

and truth be told i never was yours, the fear, the fear of falling apart

But now wasn't the time to focus on that, You had about five minutes to pull together a trap in the ceiling to enclose the demon in it.

And you did just so, not worrying about salt at the bottom on the floor, it would be useless. You had an exorcism memorized. one of your dad's rules after Y/S/N died. It made life one thousand percent easier.

this is gospel for the vagabonds, ne'er-do-wells and insufferable bastards

The time had come to call him back in the room, a vial of holy water secured in your back pocket.

"Daniel? Come help me please, I don't think I can put this outfit on by myself." You tried to sound as desperate and needy as possible, which surprisingly worked.

"What outfit, baby? I think you look better- You didn't. You fucking moron!" Reciting was your only escape.

confessing their apostasies, led away by imperfect impostors

"Exorcizamus te, omnis immundus spiritus, omnis satanica potestas, omnis incursio infernalis adversarii, omnis legio, omnis congregatio et secta diabolica." Dan's screams cut your heart like a machete. But you still kept going, despite the pain you felt.

"Ergo draco maledicte et omnis legio diabolica adjuramus te. Cessa decipere humanas creaturas, eisque aeternae Perditionis venenum propinare."

(this is the beat of my heart, this is the beat of my heart)

"Y/N, please! Don't quit!" Dan's voice was clearly showing through, a sign of hope.

"Vade, Satana, inventor et magister omnis fallaciae, hostis humanae salutis. Humiliare sub potenti manu dei, contremisce et effuge, invocato a nobis sancto et terribili nomine, quem inferi tremunt." No power in hell was stopping you now, not even if Phil walked though the lounge doorway.

"Ab insidiis diaboli, libera nos, Domine. Ut Ecclesiam tuam secura tibi facias libertate servire te rogamus, audi nos. Ut inimicos sanctae Ecclesiae humiliare digneris, te rogamus, audi nos. Terribilis Deus de sanctuario suo. Deus Israhel ipse truderit virtutem et fortitudinem plebi Suae. Benedictus deus. Gloria patri!" Dan's lifeless, soulless body laid crumpled in the circle, almost corpse-like

don't try and sleep through the end of the world, bury me alive, 'cause i won't give up without a fight

"Dan? Baby, speak to me, please." No response. "Dan, I need you to talk to me, sweetheart. It's important. " Still nothing. "You're still hanging on, I feel your heartbeat, say something!"

"D... Don't worry, he's gone." Dan sputtered out a few words and it wasn't two seconds until you were all over him.

"O-Oh my God, thank the Lord you're okay. If I had killed you, I don't know what I would've done to myself." You were sitting on the lap, arms around his neck.

but if you love me, let me go

 this is trash but i 'm on a roll with updates so here ya go

 (please note any mistakes thank you)