45. Danger

M A R T I N

Deja gasped as we stood over our daughter, her eyes slowly opening.

"Wow." She whispered, my hand on her hip as she laid her hand on my chest.

"They're brown." She looked up at me, the edges of my lips turned up into a smile.

"Her eyes are brown, our daughter has brown eyes." She gushed, our daughter was almost six pounds already, and has only been resuscitated four times..

"She's going to be trouble." I said and she chuckled before inhaling sharply, "Her middle name should be Danger." Deja looked up at me happily and I gave her a puzzled look.

"She'd definitely be a Riggs, then." She smirked and I thought about it, "Delilah Danger Riggs." I chuckled because it was definitely an original name.

"I love it." I kissed the top of my wife's head.

"She has your eyes." She said and I smiled, "She has my heart." I whispered.

--

"She has these big, beautiful, brown eyes and her hair looks dirty blonde. She doesn't look like such a fragile doll anymore." I watched my wife talk excitedly to her family. The Murtaugh's.

"Like him, she has his eyes." She said smiling over at me, "Psh, I wouldn't call his eyes beautiful, but I'm looking forward to seeing Danger." Roger joked, and I had a feeling that, that would be her nickname.

"I am too, when can we officially meet her?" Trish gushed, happy to meet her favorite child's child.

"Actually, we get to bring her home in a week." I smiled and Deja nodded, "What? She's out of the woods, then?" Roger asked exasperated and I watched my blonde bombshell of a wife nod happily.

"Wow, then the real work starts." Roger scoffed, "Oh hush, Rog. Just be happy for them for two seconds." Trish bumped her husbands arm.

"I am! I'm just warning them, babies aren't always easy." He warned us.

"I don't care if they're easy, I just want her to be healthy.. We both do." Deja chuckled lightly as she glanced at me and I nodded.

--

D E J A

"No, I told you, I can't today, I'm on my way to pick up the baby bed from the Murtaugh's place." I explained to Riggs as he hung out with our daughter for the day, just making sure everything went smoothly.

"Well how long do you think that'll take? Danger and I miss you." I could practically hear his smile on the other end of the line.

"An hour. Tops. I'm pulling up right now, and I don't think anyone's home so it should be quick." I assured him as I used my spare key to open the front door.

"Alright, alright. Well, Just be here in time for when they take her out of intubation." He said as I closed the front door behind me and walked towards the dining room.

"I will, I promise. I might--" I stopped talking as I looked up and saw a familiar face sitting at dining room table.

"Shit." I mumbled, looking at none other than Eduardo Flores.