56. Issues

D E J A

"You're snoring." I quietly mumbled, my eyes still closed.

"No, I'm not. You are." Martin mumbled as I rested my cheek on his right shoulder.

I smiled as I opened my eyes to see him facing me, his pretty eyes looking down at me.

"How are you feeling?" I asked after kissing his soft lips.

"Good, I feel good. How are you?" He asked and I chuckled because we always do this.

"I'm okay, I promise." I said although my heart still hurt, just a few days ago I was pregnant with my second child and my friend wasn't bedridden.

I slowly sat up and saw Lexie and Roger asleep on the couch a few yards away, I smirked because I was really warming up to the idea of having a full-blooded sister.

They both looked uncomfortable with their necks twisted as they slept.

"They're snoring." I said trying to contain my laughter.

"I believe you've found the culprit.. S." He added because it was plural.

"Danger is with Trish, she said she's got her taken care of as long as we need." He said and I nodded.

Martin sat up, his left arm in a sling because he had some damaged tissues so he couldn't put any sort of strain on it.

"I'm going to see Charlie, will you be okay for awhile?" I asked as I stood up, Martin nodded.

"You are adorably worried." He said and I scoffed before planting a small kiss on his lips.

I walked down the halls, since we were in the same hospital as Charlie.

I noticed her room seemed to be overflowing with Doctors and nurses, my head went to the worse case scenario.

I tried to ask a few of the medical experts what was going on but all of them focused on the patient, over all the clamoring I heard a tone emitting evenly. A flatline.

I was told to leave quickly as I was taken into the hallway.

I felt someone place their hand on my back and I looked up to see Martin looking at the door of the room.

He looked over at me, "I'm taking you home." He said and I contemplated arguing but I was completely exhausted.

So I left my friend that I couldn't even see, I left with my husband.

--

M A R T I N

"They called it a break." Roger said and I gave him and Trish curious looks, "She broke?" I repeated.

"She overworks herself.. Last time she stressed herself out so much that she had temporarily lost her sight, hearing and she was paralyzed." Trish said and my lips parted.

"It wore off within a few days." She assured me.

"When she was little her father used to hold her face in his hands and tell her to breathe, that she would make it through whatever was going on." Roger said and I glanced as Deja sat on the floor in the living room, smiling softly as she played with Danger and Bella.