46. Homecoming

D E J A

"Here, I got it." I assured Martin as I unbuckled our baby from her car seat.

"Are you sure? Because I'm really okay." He said and I lightly smiled, "You're still healing." I said with my hand on his cheek.

After the whole Eduardo situation, we noticed Riggs had been grazed with a knife on his side, he got 12 stitches and already ripped them once when he was trying to help with Delilah's carrier.

He sighed heavily before I unbuckled our tiny baby girl, I smiled widely as she rested in my arms.

I thought about the miracle that was Delilah Danger, who was born over four months early and is now a healthy, extremely happy baby.

My husband and I were obviously taking some time off with all the excitement as of lately.

I got out of the car, the warm sun disappearing behind the ocean.

I handed her over to my husband who held her carefully, still nervous to even touch her because he feels as if she's made out of glass.

I got the baby bag from the back of my Jeep, moving quickly and clumsily because I was nervous as hell to take care of this small human being, I opened the trailer door for my husband and daughter.

He stopped before entering, he placed his fingers under my chin and softly kissed me with our baby dozing off in his strong arms.

"I love you." He breathed, calming me down, I smiled, "I love you, too." I said realizing things would be ok so long as I had this man of my dreams.

--

I inhaled as I woke up, tired from the last few days of waking up every two hours, and having nightmares whenever I actually do sleep.

I looked over to the other side of my bed to see my husband and baby were nowhere to be found.

I sat up as I noticed a dim light coming from the living room/kitchen area.

It was the sun rising, and it was silent in the usually clamoring trailer.

I rubbed my face as I thought about Martin and I passing out last night after taking Delilah to her grandparents house for the first time.

I stood up, still in the clothes from last night.

My bare feet didn't make a sound as I walked to the bedroom doorway.

My chest became tight as I saw Martin leaning on the counter with our daughter in his arms, he still wore the same clothing as yesterday, as well.

The sun started to shine through the curtains, he inhaled deeply before his tired brown eyes met mine.

"Hey." He smiled, speaking softly, trying not to wake the baby.

"Hi." I said biting my lip as I walked over and stood on my tip toes and gently kissed his sweet lips.

As we broke apart I looked down at Delilah, I gently kissed her peach fuzz.

I slipped my hand under Martin's plaid shirt and rested my hand over his white under shirt.

I leaned my head on his shoulder as we both admired our creation.