Bye, Butt Brain

I hear footsteps running behind me and my heart clenches slightly anticipating whoever came after me, but I continue walking slowly.

"Alex, you need to stop storming off. I could see how upset you were from the other side of the cafeteria. What happened?" Blake asks as he catches up to me and grabs my upper arm gently.
I don't know why but I wrap my arms around his torso, resting my head on his chest, and close my eyes. He immediately responds by placing his arms around me as well, resting his cheek on the top of my head.

"Take me home." I say in the softest voice. And we begin moving again, but he never let's go of me, just moves me to the side slightly, causing me to let go of him and hug myself staring at my shoes as we walk. He pushes the front doors open, ignoring the front desk lady yelling 'where are you going?' at us. I glance back, over Blake's shoulder and see Mac watching from the a far.

I sit silently in Blake's car watching light rain hit the windows, we sit in the parking lot for a bit in complete silence and then he begins driving. I should go back, I overreacted, I should've explained everything to them rather than blowing up, I should talk to Mac... Why am I so stupid?  I begin thinking.

"Stop thinking." Blake says, grabbing my hand and intertwining our fingers, scaring me slightly. I look down at our hands and try to pull my hand away but he keeps a soft but firm grip on it.

"This is weird." I mumble softly.

"We're here." Blake says as he pulls up to the parking lot and I sigh softly seeing my mom and Dylan standing in front of Dylan's car. Blake parks the car and I get out of the car.

"Alex?" My mom says, "What are you doing here? Aren't you suppose to be at school? The first day you come back to school after your suspension and you're already skipping? Do you do this often? Oh don't tell me you got fucking suspended again. Alexandra, I don't know where the hell I went wrong with you. Your education is important and you can't go around screwing it up and hanging out with- with a random boy that wants to get in your pants. Wait until I tell your father about this. What-" My mom begins.

"Excuse me, Mrs. Sheffield, it's my fault Alex would've stayed at school if it wasn't for me. But-" Blake interrupts my mom stepping in front of me slightly.

"So you're the one causing her to be in all this trouble? Alexandra, how could you let your feelings over a boy let you skip school and get in trouble? How could you just-"She interrupts him then he interrupts her

"That's not fair or true at all. Alex just had a panic attack and you're yelling at her over what she does wrong and beating her down even more. The reason she came home was because I was worried about her health. You're her mom you should be the one trying to help her not making it worse! I never realized what she goes through but now that I've seen how you and your son, her brother, treat her it's understandable why she's under all this stress. You're screwing her up, even if you don't see it or believe that it's happening.. I'm not going to let her stay with people who don't even seem like her family, just strangers." Blake says finishes angry and grabs my forearm pulling back to his car.

"Who the fuck do you think you are, being disrespectful to me? She's my daughter how dare you fucking judge me and how I raise he?" My mom yells and I see Dylan grab her arm to stop her from trying to whatever. I guess that's where I get my cursing and temperament from, always thought it was from my dad.

"Well that's what fucking ignorant people say." Blake mutters angrily as he opens the door for me and I look at him with slightly wide eyes. That's a great fucking comeback, but I should be upset because it's my mom he said it to... But it was a great fucking come back.

"Alex! What happened?" Dylan runs over to me as I sit down and Blake closes the door.

"It's nothing, he's just overreacting." I says softly looking up at Dylan, I don't want anymore drama over me today. Please just let me curl up in a ball, in my bed under a million blankets.

"I'm not overreacting. Your sister came to school drenched and she's not even in class for two minutes before she begins having a panic attack. I'm actually worried about her unlike the rest of you." Blake says harshly then walks around the car muttering angrily to himself. I push the window button down.

"Alex, you tell me what happened." He crouches down slightly to look at me.

"I started panicking- it was the storm- I got scared, I thought about how when I was younger. I don't know- I just- I couldn't breathe. I didn't know- I wasn't-" I beginning stuttering out, feeling my heart start to race.

"Okay, okay, I get it. It's over now. Go with whatever his face is and take a deep breath. I'll be gone by the time you come home, but just remember our talk, okay? Don't do anything too crazy and I'll always be a call away. I'll see you, Pimple butt." He pats my head gently and steps back as Blake begins driving again.

"Bye, Butt Brain."