Chapter five

Tonight is the party. I've been getting ready for the past hour. I put on a red, long sleeved top with an open front near my breasts covered with string like material, mimicking a mini net. I wear my skinny jeans and some brown ankle boots with my hair down and straight.

I grab my keys and head out the door, going to pick up Wesley at the mysterious address he sent me. The GPS shows that it's not in a neighborhood, but it's actually pretty far out from town. I'm actually anxious to see where it is.

Already ruled out drugs, Wesley's shy and all, enough to make you suspicious of him, but come on. If he can't talk to a 5'3 girl, then he can't handle a dealer.

"Mom, I'm going to Sadie's for the sleepover! I'll be home around noon tomorrow." I yell through the house as I'm leaving and shutting the door behind me.

I get into my car and log in the address to my gps. On the journey I go. I turn on my music to get in a good mood before I see him. I don't exactly know where I'm going so whatever it is let's hope it's safe.

I drive for what seems like hours and finally arrive at a run down building in the middle of the Main Street in town.

It looks so out of place compared to the surrounding scenery. The street is a one way road that goes down for about a mile filled with old shops from the 60's. No one ever comes down here anymore unless they're old folks who just want to walk around and look at the good old days. Not a high school boy with some secrets.

I park my car in front of the building in the only space that's free. I make my way to the front and slowly open the big, black door with the open sign hanging on the front by a single rust nail.

I'm instantly hit with the smell of gym equipment and sweat, but there's no visual to match the smell filling my nose.

I walk in darkness for about two seconds, my hands held straight out in front of me before I'm turning a corner to reveal a bright gym. The first thing to catch my eye is the big boxing ring in the middle of the room. The rest of the area is surrounded by punching bags hanging from various areas. It's just as big as a warehouse. It seems like the ceiling could reach for miles.

Having looked around a little more, I realize that it is in fact an actual warehouse. An old one, or maybe it used to be a factory of some sort a long long time ago.

My eyes gravitate back to the ring, and to my surprise, I see Wesley right in the middle of it with a guy about his size. My mouth drops open, and I step back and hide a bit behind the wall of the dark hallway that was separating me from this room.

Wesley, black boxing tape on his hands and a gray muscle tee covered in sweat, basketball shorts flowing every two seconds as he bounces back and forth in the ring, has his hands up guarding his face, a look of determination in his eyes.

His opponent, a red t-shirt with black shorts, and a pair of red gloves to match his shirt almost exactly. He has dirty blonde hair and a sort of muscular build to him. He could be about 18, or even as old as 20.

He throws one punch at Wesley, and Wesley dodges it with ease, quickly throwing one hell of a body shot to follow up. I cringe at the sight, but my eyes stay wide open, unable to focus on anything else other than the sight in front of me.

Punch after punch after punch until finally, Wesley has the other guy pinned down to the ground, signaling his win.

"Damn it!" yells his opponent. "What the hell Wes?! Let me win one time."