Chapter twenty eight

I sit on my bed in silence, and Wesley's hand brings me comfort with the warmth it leaves on my lower back.

"Do you want me to get you anything?" he asks, and all I can do is shake my head no. A new family? My ignorance back? Anything to help rewind the time would be great.

All this time I thought my dad left for no reason. I thought my mom was this saint, but the whole time she contributed to the madness. At this point I don't even care what either of them did. It's the lying that's not sitting with me well. It makes me sick knowing I was in the dark for so long. Sure, I'm a child so it's not my place, but why doesn't it feel that way?

"I don't get it." I say as I look up to meet his blue eyes. "Why did she let me think for so long it was all him?"

"I don't know, baby." he says quietly as he kisses my forehead and lets me collapse into his arms. I feel instant comfort despite the chaos forming around me.

"What do I do now?" I say to him. I feel his eyes now on me, making me want to stare back and kiss those beautiful lips.

"Do you wanna get outta here?" he asks me, and I look up to meet him almost immediately.

"Yes, yes I really do." I admit, and he smiles briefly before hopping up to his feet and extending his hand out to me.

Without a second of hesitation I grab onto his grip and let him lift me off the bed and lead me out of my room.

Running past my parents in the other room, Wesley and I take off directly through the front door of the house and head towards his car.

In all my life of doing outrageous things, I have never felt as free as I do when I'm running freely holding his hand.

He makes his way to his car, opening the passenger seat for me as I slide in. I watch as he runs around the front of the car to the driver's seat, a smile on my face the entire time.

"Here's what I say. Me, you, movie, and right on back to my house. My mom won't mind at all, and besides she wants to see you really bad." he tells me and the new thoughts make me excited.

"You make me happy." I say simply, and he grabs my hand briefly and squeezes.

"Promise me this is forever." he says quietly, and my breath stops in my throat.

The amount of times I have been hurt is countless. Promises, so I've learned, are absolutely pointless and they hurt, but here I am about to make one. I want to make one. I want to tell him the truth. The truth is very simple because he makes it so easy.

"I promise." I say and starts the car and pulls out of the driveway.

The best night awaits.

~

Hey guys! Sorry for the short chapter! I needed a filler for the large ones that are coming. Thank you for being patient, and more is coming!!