Chapter sixteen

I️ take the bottle and shove it farther down my throat, emptying the liquid into my mouth. It burns so bad, but I️ ignore it completely.

Vodka.

My normal go to is beer, but I️ guess tonight called for the harder alcohol.

"WOOOO!" I️ scream once I've managed to drink the whole bottle. A collective of people scream back at me, all raising their glasses.

I️ can't even make out their faces. I️ can't tell if there's 30 people in this room or 60.

"Anika, maybe you need to slow down." I️ hear someone say, but I️ have no clue where it's coming from.

I've never been drunk like this before. Normally I'm silly. I️ flirt with different guys, but right now I'm standing in the middle of the room, and my face feels wet.

"Can't slow down, gotta keep goin'" I️ hear myself say, but I'm so numb I️ don't even know if it was me that said it.

"Anika, you're going to get sick." I️ hear that same voice say, I️ still can't figure out where it's coming from.

"I️ don't care if I️ get sick!! Maybe I'll stop thinking about him if I️ do." The last sentence comes out slowly, my words failing to make any sense.

I️ feel two hands grab my cheeks and force me to stare at the face behind the words.

Sadie.

"You need to stop." she says, taking the empty bottle out of my hands.

I️ look at her and I️ feel a pressure build in my chest and I️ feel like I'm crying. Maybe that's why my face is so wet. Have I️ really been crying this whole time?

"I️ need him. I need Wesley. I️ don't know why he won't talk to me... I️ miss him sooooo much." My words still come out slow, and before I️ know it, I'm falling on the floor, my elbow hitting the hardwood.

I️ know it hurts like a bitch but I️ can't feel shit.

"Anika! Oh my god are you ok?!" exclaims a very perky voice. Must be Anna.

"What the hell I'm fine. It's better down here anyway." I️ say as I️ lay my cheek on the ground. The coldness of it cooling me off as I️ cry more.

I️ see Tanner on the floor in front of me, he gets down to my level so we are face to face. What the hell is he doing?

"Anika, it's going to be ok. We got you." he says and he placed his hand on my back, rubbing up and down.

That feels good.

"I️ hurt." I️ day, and my voice is so broken, I️ can't even recognize it.

I️ feel someone take my phone from my pocket, using my limp hand to unlock it.

I️ hear her start talking to someone, and her voice is getting raised.

"She's calling your name. So maybe grow a pair and come get her." I hear her faintly say over the phone.

She returns my phone back to my pocket and the room gets dark.

~

"Anika? Anika! Wake up, come on." That voice sounds so familiar.

My eyes reluctantly open and Wesley stands before me. He looks so scared. I️ feel like we've been here before.

I️ feel my cheeks become wet again, and he frowns. He's so beautiful. I️ love him so much.

His hands wrap around my waist, and he picks me up off of the ground. My face falls on his chest.

I'm so happy he's here that I️ can't quite speak.

"How long has she been out?" he says, and I️ love the vibration I️ feel from his voice.

"About ten to fifteen minutes." says Anna.

"Son of a bitch." he mutters. "Is there a room upstairs I️ can take her too?" he asks them.

"First door on your right is the guest bedroom. It's locked, but I️ can get it for you." says Sadie.

"Ok Anika, I'm gonna need you to wrap your legs around me ok? Can you do that?" he asks me and I️ nod my head yes, or at least I️ think I️ do.

I️ move one leg up, and he grabs it keeping it in place, and the other leg follows, he does the same.

He carries me upstairs, I️ still feel u able to move or simply breathe right.

So many things are happening that I️ lose track of what's going on. But before I️ know it, I'm being laid on a soft surface. A bed.

I️ open my eyes again and Wesley is standing in front of me.

"I've always dreamed of us being in this position. Except you were naked." I️ say with a small laugh, but I️ just start crying again.

He doesn't say anything. He just takes off my shoes and smoothed out my hair over my shoulder.

He moves the covers of the bed, leaving an opening for me, as he picks me up so gently and places me there, covering me back up again.

Just like that he starts to walk away. I️ find myself sitting up so quickly that my head starts to pound.

"No! Please don't go." I️ say, and the tears are falling so hard I️ want them to stop so bad. They haven't stopped and it has been hours.

He stops in front of the door, his hand on the knob, but he doesn't move.

"You keep leaving me. You keep.. walking away." I️ say, and the cries are so bad that I️ lose control of my breath and in between every couple words I️ say, I️ gasp for air. That's the worst cry. When you can't even control how you speak.

He turns around, but he looks so broken.

"Please don't leave me again, I️ can't take it. I️ can't hurt like this anymore. Please please stay." I️ beg him, and my whole body aches now. These feelings I️ have right now, are so terrible, that I️ truly feel like I️ could die.

I️ don't know if it's the alcohol or the one sided feelings I️ have for him, but the pain I️ feel in this moment is why I️ believe people are so afraid to fall in love.

He slowly walks over to me, and I️ make room in the bed. He looks at me for a moment before crawling under the covers next to me, his arms sliding under my body, cradling me as the other lays on my cheek.

"I️ am so sorry, that I️ hurt you. I️ never wanted to do that. I️ promise that's never what I️ intended to do. I️ care for you so much, you have no idea. You have absolutely no idea how much I️ do. I️ just didn't want to ruin us. I've never had anyone like you before in my life and I️ didn't want to screw it up. It doesn't matter anyway, you'll forget all of this in the morning."

"I️ don't want to forget." I️ say quietly, but I️ start to drift off.

Please don't fall asleep. No, he's not even done yet. Please please please plea.......

~

VERY EXCITED FOR NEXT FEW CHAPTERS!! Don't forget to vote and please leave a comment!! I️ love reading them they make my day!