Chapter six

The room.

It's spinning.

Tables aren't straight, people aren't right, things.. they're different.

I can hear myself laugh, and I see the bottle come into my view again, my hand holding onto it, forcing it down my throat, but I don't know why it's happening. It doesn't taste good, but I like that I can't feel anymore.

I start to laugh again as I cough up the alcoholic beverage, little dribbles down my favorite red top.

Suddenly the ground from under me feels like it's shaking, and then before I know it, I'm falling. My feet collapsing right under me, and my body crashes with a loud bang.

The pain hurts so bad I start to whimper, but I don't sound like myself. I sound like a child. A little kid crying for their mother, but it just makes me giggle. Only for a moment though. That's when I start to whimper again.

The room above me is blurry, but the floor feels nice. It's cold and dry. Not like it is all the way up there with the other people.

Then from the blurry vision, I see Wesley. I feel joy ring through my entire body as I start to laugh harder, louder.

I throw my arms up, straight into the air, my body still laying flat on the floor.

"Wesley!!" I exclaim before I start to giggle again. He doesn't look happy, he looks scared. So funny. He always looks scared. Like a little puppy. I start to giggle at the thought of him with a puppy head. Little Wesley.

He bends down, and with surprising strength, he lifts me to my feet, only to have me collapse in his arms.

I start to laugh again.

"You picked me up and I went WOOSH!! Like a roller coaster. Here, I'll fall again so I can feel that one more time. The uh-uh-uh t-the WOOSH!! Yeah.. that's it." The words fall out of my mouth so fast I can't think clearly.

Ready to throw myself on the ground, Wesley has a look of terror on his face.

"No Anika. I'm taking you home."

"NO!!! my mom doesn't know that-that I'm- no! Can't go home. Sleepover!!" I say to him, the words not wanting to come out the way I want them to, and he looks at me, so confused.

"Come on Anika." he says quietly, and he's taking me away from all the music and lights and people. I become confused as the bright lights from the house suddenly disappear, and then here I am. Out of the whole freaking world.

Outer space.

I wonder how I'm still breathing. Is gravity still out here? Wasn't I just at Sadie's?

"LET'S GO SEE THE MOON!!" I shout and throw my hands in the air, stumbling, only to have Wesley grab my waist, supporting me up.

"What the hell Anika? Where do you think we are?" he says as he looks me in the eyes. I don't know where we are all of a sudden. His eyes look so pretty all of a sudden. I smile wide. He's so.. so...

"You are so sexy." I say and I grab his face with both of my hands, cupping his cheeks.

"No Anika. That's enough." he says to me quietly, and he shakes out of my hold as he drags me to my pretty car.

I didn't know you could get a car all the way out here in space. Wait a second.. That's right!! Space!!

I look at Wesley and throw my hands in the air again, stumbling until my back hits the car.

"WE'RE IN OUTER SPACE!!!" I scream and he looks at me with furrowed eyebrows and a you have got to be kidding me look on his face.

"You are so drunk right now." he says as he gently touches my cheeks with both of his hands.