It Has Begun

Hey guys! This is my last day of school before spring break!! So excited! I know not everyone's break is this week, so happy spring break, early or late! I'll try to update every other day or so over the break with all my extra time, so look forward to that!
Author~Chan

Y/N's POV

We walked through the park, talking and laughing. After we left the park, we just kept walking, enjoying each other's company. We walked past a nice Italian restaurant, and I stopped to look at it.

"That place smells amazing! I'll have to come here sometime!" I stuck my tongue out, practically tasting the delicious food that awaited inside.

"Well, then, its a good thing I have reservations for it- And would you look at that! The reservations are for right now!" He grinned and I knew he had walked me here on purpose.

"Aww, Laurance, you didn't have to! But since you did, let's go!" I grabbed his hand, dragging him inside. It turned out the name of the place was Olive Garden, and it was great! The breadsticks were the best, and Laurance let me bring home, like, ten.

"So what now?" I asked with half a breadstick hanging out of my mouth.

He grinned. "Have you been to the arcade yet?"

"No, I love arcades! Why has no one told me?" I jumped up and down, trying to control myself.

~Time Skip brought to you by Olive Garden~

Where should we start? "Laurance, I could cream you at the racing game." I looked at him out of the corner of my eye at him, and I could tell he was ready to fight me.

"I'd like to see you try." He strode over to the machine and put in two tokens.

"Ah hahahaha!!" I laughed maniacally as I ran Laurance off the road. "See ya, dork!" I crossed the finish line, claiming first. I did a little victory dance around Laurance, rubbing it in his face.

"I challenge you to a rematch!" He yelled, hopping back in the chair.

"Any time, any day, 'little Laurance'" I smirked as his head jerked to stare at me.

"You spent too much time with Zane."

~Time Skip brought to you by strawberries~

I crushed Laurance at every game we played. It was great! I was smiling so hard, it was hurting my face, but I couldn't stop.

"I had a great time tonight, Laurance. Thanks for asking me out." I looked up slightly, because Laurance is just a hint taller than me.

The tips of his ears turned red, and his cheeks were pink. "I- I had a great time too Y/N. I had no idea we had so much in common."

I smiled warmly and looked into his soft blue eyes. And then there was a flash of gold, and I was on the floor.

"Holy Irene, what just happened! Ow." I tried to get up and see who ran into me. But I was trapped under them.

"I know what was about to happen. Laurance, this is for your own good." Garroth's voice reached my ears, and I realized he was the one that was on me.

"Garroth? Can you please get up? You're heavier than me." Garroth stood up, and lifted me to my feet.

"Oh my Irene, Y/N, I am sooo sorry!" He said, picking up my phone, which had fallen out of my pocket.

"Garroth! What're you doing here?" Laurance hissed venomously.

"You know exactly why I'm here." Garroth growled.

"Um.." I wasn't totally sure what was going on, but as far as I could tell, Garroth and Laurance are like brothers, and they have a rivalry going on. I wonder what it is...

"You can't follow me everywhere, dad." Laurance was face to face with Garroth.

I decided I needed to intervene before this got too out of hand. "Guys! Chill! It's not a big deal! Break it up!" I forced them apart, easing some of the tension. "Garroth, share how you're feeling, in calm words. Laurance, start thinking, cuz you're next." I turned patiently to Garroth.

Garroth's POV

As soon as Dante let slip that Laurance asked Y/N out, I did what any good friend would do. I stalked them all night to make sure there was no touchy-touchy.

And then, as they were leaving the arcade, Laurance said, and I quote, "I had a great time too, Y/N." they'd had a perfect date, and their faces were close together. They were happy, and were going to kiss. I dived for Laurance, trying to stop him in time, but I missed and hit Laurance and Y/N. I felt bad for hitting her, but it had to be done.

"Garroth, share how you're feeling, in calm words. Laurance, start thinking, cuz you're next." Y/N turned to me and waited for me to confess.

"Uh, you see.. there was a pick-pocket, yeah! And he was coming right for you're wallet. I tried to get him, but he ran off, and I hit you. Sorry." Y/N seemed to buy it, but then she clarified.

"What were you doing at the arcade in the first place?"

"Umm, me and Laurance are like brothers, and I'm his secret wingman when he goes on a date."

She seemed satisfied, and turned to Laurance. "Can you confirm, Laurance?" He didn't fidget at all, so I knew he wasn't going to lie. Dangit, Laurance! Why you gotta be like this?

"Y/N, I didn't even tell Garroth I was going out with you tonight. He's been spying because he was jealous I asked you out before he could." He turned to me smugly, awaiting the lecture Y/N was sure to give me.

"Garroth? If Laurance is telling the truth..." I cringed, expecting the worst. "Then we should go out together sometime, just the two of us. Just, not tonight, okay?" I breathed a sigh of relief. And the I realized what she just said.

"W-w- what? A- a date?" I felt heat rising up above my collar and across my face. Now I know why Zane likes that mask when he talks to girls.

Y/N looked crestfallen. "Oh. If you don't want to, I completely understand. I just, you know, thought it would be nice to get to know one another." I panicked, and waved my hands.

"No, no! I would love to! I- it's just- I've never been asked out by a girl." I ended lamely.

She giggled and smiled again. "Oh, good! That's something special about me I guess. Im not afraid to ask a guy out, just because I'm a girl. Now c'mon, both of you, let's get home." She linked arms with both me and Laurance, and we all walked home, laughing and smiling. (When I wasn't murdering Laurance with my eyes)

Laurance's POV

I had a great night, even with Garroth butting in at the end. I know he thought we were going to kiss, and I was kinda hoping we would, but that's not how Y/N rolls. I've already figured that out from the little time I've spent with her. She's all about the fun and goofy; a relationship isn't her goal. I can feel for the girl. I just hope Garroth doesn't try any 'funny' business on their date.

Huh. That didn't end the way I was planning it to.. Oh well! It all worked out! Bye!~
Author~Chan