My mate

I ran out of chapter titles.

Leo's pov

I know that I haven't been acknowledging the fact that me and lyle are mates. But since he did plan a date that didn't go as he planned I guess I could step up and recover the date before my parents embarrass me. We had just got back in the house from entertaining the kids when I told my parents me and lyle had plans for tonight.

"Come on lyle we got somewhere to go." I said while yanking him from the arms of the kids in the house.

Both him and the kids made the cutest little cub faces that would melt anyone's heart but I had plans. I continued to pull him out of the house and out the door.

"Ok let's go, I know you had something planned so let's do this thing." I said while I walked towards the forest.

"Let's go for a walk." I said before I kissed him deeply.

The passion in the kiss was enough for us to set the mating mind link. This allows mating couples to communicate with each other in animal form.

A/n italics is thought
   Italics and underlined is mind link.

I shifted and waited for him to shift.After he shifted I licked his face and took off running.

"This is a run why do we always have to run" He said running after me.

As we ran I spotted I clearing covered in tall grass and beautiful red, yellow, and green flowers. I headed towards it and dove right into the middle of it.

"Count to ten and find me." I laughed.

He huffed but I could feel his happiness leak through the link which made me feel happy. I heard the grass rustle and I took everything within me not to laugh and look for him. Urge to look was almost to much he burst through the opening in front of me roaring a victory roar as he put his paw on my head.

"TAG YOU'RE IT." he yelled whipping around and running off in the other direction.

I ran at full gait after him nipping at his hind quaters. I just about had him when the smell of rouges hit me. The smell hit me so hard it made me stop in my tracks.

"Lyle stop running I got to tell you something." I said frantically.

He stopped and whipped around whining as he sniffed me. I chuffed and nuzzled him. The smell was stake but recent I guess it's time to tell him about my past.

"Let's go home I got something to tell you." I said sadly

This was kinda short but what yall think leo gon say to lyle.