Leo's Me time

Leo's POV

So I've been pregnant for about four months now and I think it's getting close to the time for the cubs to get here. Unlike Alexus who had all those people there I just want it to be me and Lyle there and I want it to be in so I'm going to make a den in the forest close to my parents house. I was currently standing just outside the forest. I shifted and lumbered into the forest. Being a brown bear had it's perks animals don't mess with you but being a pregnant brown bear was a whole other story. All the animals in the forest could sense the cubs I was caring so they showed respect and kept at a good distance.

Feeling the warm dirt under my paws was a very relaxing feeling I was about about a football field away from the house when I spotted a good spot to make my den. Using me powerful fore arms I started to dig I chose a spot right under a great big tree. I dug until I had a hole big enough for two bears. Standing on my hind legs I raked my claws against the tree and rubbed against it marking this as my territory.

I will have to mark more to make sure animals and shifters know that this is my territory and I will maul anyone who stepped foot or paw into it so off I went to widen my territory in preparation for my babies to get here.

Narrator's Pov

As Leo set off to establish is territory Dr Benny and his hunting crew wonder upon his den.

"Doc do you see that tree." One man said as he walked up to Leo's tree

Seeing the huge gash marks Leo left Benny already knew what was up. Indicating to the claw marks he said

"These claw marks were made a by a bear and by the look of this hole she is about to have cubs."

"I thought bears usually don't have cubs until winter." Another man said

"That's true so this is really strange." One woman informed

"All the signs point to a bear shifter seems to be close to baring cubs so we will have to watch this sight." Dr Benny stated

What no one notice was that Leo had come back from marking his territory and he was not to happy with what he stumbled upon. A gutteral growl left his throat and he swiped at the ground with on of his massive paws causing the little group to turn around. One thing people don't know about shifters are their animal forms are bigger than the real animals so right now they were staring down a huge brown bear.

"Holy shit you never  said she would be that big!!!" Screamed one of them

Rearing up on his hind legs Leo let out a terrifying roar that some to shake the ground. That was enough for five of the six in the group the only one left was Dr Benny who looked astonished at the bear towering over him. Leo suddenly charged at Dr Benny stopping a few feet in front of him making him fall over.

"What the fuck is wrong with this guy a mock charge would scare the living shit out of anyone." Leo thought

Rising up on his hind legs he unleashed a call he was taught for this very type of situation. He was calling his mother. It didn't take long before a deep roar called back. Leo paced but kept an eye on the mysterious man eyeing his belly. Before long a black shadow flew from out of the trees and landed directly on top of Dr Benny. Unleashing a bone rattling roar. Letting him up Dr Benny looked like he saw a monster as he ran off.

"Are you ok son." Toni asked

"Yea they caught me off guard and that one wouldn't leave I even mock charged but he just stood there." Leo said worry in his tone

"Ok we'll have to keep an eye on that one, I like your den, I assume you'll be sleeping out here for the next few days." Toni said quickly

"Yes we will, thank you and yes this is where I'll be." Leo answered

"Ok I'll bring food out to you and let Lyle know you are here." Toni said as he started to walk away.

That is chapter 22 hope you like it.