Prologue

Here I am, standing at her hospital bed, just now thinking of all of the things I should've said. All of the things I should've done. I am such an idiot. I had something good with this beautiful woman and now we're here. All of it could've been prevented if I would've just said something, anything to give her clarity. Hope.

Vivid memories of a girl with sparkling green eyes and a laugh that had the power to bring you to tears fill my head like a storm. A beautiful young lady who never cared what others thought of her or what kind of trouble she could get into. A risk taker. Always up for something that would make her feel alive. She was the exact opposite of me, and I loved her for it.

As I stand here looking at her body tangled with wires and beeping monitors, my stomach begins to ache for this is when I realize how much of a part of me she is.

There is no me without her. She has brought out the best and worst sides of me. The sides I didn't know I had. The sides I kept hidden for so long and she was the one human being that had the ability to make me feel every emotion in the book.

She is my happiness. She is my anger, she is my sadness and my pain. She is the reason behind my laughter, the cause of my smile. She is the good days, the bad days, my overwhelming sense of joy. she is the blood rushing to my cheeks from embarrassment, and the nervous laughter when I see her coming this way. She is my feelings of love and admiration and my every thought at night. She is my intake of breath and my exhale of relief. She is my heart and soul.

She is me.

I spent so long trying to push her away because I was scared of what I felt that I didn't realize that what I was feeling was waiting to come out.

I pushed her away because I was afraid.

Afraid of all the new feelings.

Nobody in the world made my stomach flutter like she did. Nobody in the world caught my attention quite like her. A force of nature she was....  is.

Always will be.

I should've told her from the moment I knew it that I loved her and she was the one for me. I've known that for awhile now. I just can't believe it took me this long to see it.

She is such a big part of me that I believe she is the base plot of my story. The book of my life, she would be the main character from my eyes.

She is the tragic ending on the last page that keeps you thinking. The character that breaks my heart into pieces. But the most devastating part about that, is that I would gladly give her all the power to do it if that meant keeping her with me. She's the unforgotten.

I should probably start from the beginning, but I always wondered how she saw the entire event from her eyes. She always knew more than I did.

This relationship all started with her...

~

Welcome to Changing Me!! Thanks for clicking, I hope you liked the beginning!

The book will be told from Anika's point of view. Enjoy!

The main characters name is pronounced with a short A sound and a short I sound. Sounds just like Hanukkah, but with an Ann beginning.