32. Speech

I glanced over at him, closing my eyes before looking down at my hands which were in my lap. "Justin, don't."

"I'm sorry." He sighed, shaking his head. "I shouldn't have went there." He paused slightly.

"But if it makes a difference, I miss you. More than I can even explain."

"Really? That's not what it looked like the last time I was here." I spoke back with a little attitude, referring to the girl that he had obviously screwed the night before.

He sighed loudly. "That's not fair."

"How in the hell is that not fair? It seems pretty

damn fair to me." I told him, anger building up inside me as I stood up, walking towards the door.

Right as I was about to grab the door handle, he grabbed my hand, turning me around so that I was facing him.

I immediately jerked my hand back as I realized that he had me backed up

against the house and we were just inches apart.

He gulped, obviously just as affected by how close we were as I was. He then began speaking again, just above a whisper.

"You just left. You left without any explanation. You wouldn't answer my phone calls. You wouldn't let me know what was going on or what I did wrong. You just left." He explained.

"What was I supposed to do? You have no idea how bad I just wanted to come back here and talk to you but I couldn't do that. What else was there for

me to do?"

I didn't say anything else, overcome with different emotions as I stared at him.

"None of those girls meant anything to me. And I know that's what all guys say and there's no reason that you should believe me, but it's true."

He continued.

"I just convinced myself that if I

kept sleeping with all those girls and getting drunk every night, then I would be able to make myself get over you.

But that definitely didn't work. Now I just feel worse because I know how

much that must have hurt you to hear about that stuff."

I don't know what made me do what I did next. I just felt his breath on my lips.

And he was so close. And he smelt so damn good. I could tell that he was being sincere in everything he was

saying. So I just did it.

I grabbed the back of his neck with my hand, surprising both of us. We stood there for a few seconds, both of us shocked, before I pulled his

head down, closing the space in between us.

Our lips met in a slow, sweet kiss as he moved his hands down to my hips, pulling me closer to him.

My other hand slid up his chest, grabbing his shirt to make sure that there was absolutely no space left in between us.

Our lips moved in sync for a little while longer, before we both pulled away, breathless.

He put his forehead to mine, holding me in place with his hands so we were still extremely close to each other.

A few seconds later, I realized what had just happened. I gasped a little, bringing both of my hands to his chest and pushing him away gently.

He looked at me confused. "Are you okay?"

"I can't do this, Justin." I stated simply, looking down at the ground between us.