ROUGE 3: EYES

In the base of the Rouge Ten, they are currently having their briefing for their next mission.

"Midnight and I will be here...." Demise started but she was cut off by Angel.

"You do realize that all we can see are the goddamn shadows right? Glacier, will you place a model of the mansion. Please! An ice model." Angel said in an almost demanding voice.

Glacier just did what she was told. Demise then started again after rolling her eyes.

"So, as I was saying,Midnight and I will be here.Angel you enter through here. Then,Coral and Nightshade you should go in here.Glacier, you will be in this corner. Venom and Terror, take this two places and take a look out and please refrain from fighting with each other verbally or even physically,we have to do this stealthily because the security in this mansion is strong. Phantom you need to get inside here and retrieve the item. And Thorn? Please be ready for back-up, In case something bad happens" Demise said,her voice full of authority.

Everyone nodded.

"Okay team, lets go!" Midnight said. And they went into action with their hoods up.

They are currently inside the compound where the mansion resides. At their designated areas. They had already taken down the guards.

Phantom was already finding the residing place of the gem when she felt something and she looked around.

"Be cautious!" Angel said telepathically. And each one of them felt more cautious. They felt something wrong.

"Why is it so easy to sneak around? And why were the guards so easy to take down?I thought you said the security is strong? That was too easy!" Phantom asked telepathically.

"Terror? Venom? Did you notice anything? I felt uneasy just now! "questioned the very frantic Coral.

"None so far! "said Terror telepathically. She was smacked by her partner Venom.

"I saw some shadows! And their fast approaching each of your places! "Venom said frantically. Eyes darted around.

"What are.....aghh!..."Terror wasn't able to finish what she was trying to say because somebody had attacked her from the back.

"AMBUSH!!!!" Thorn said as they did their battle ready stances.

"Palace ninjas? Why are there palace ninjas?" Demise asked telepathically.

Not knowing the answer, each one of them engaged in a fight with a certain palace ninja.

"My element is back firing at me. My powers are not working! " Thorn mind yelled.  The nine had to stop the urged to cover their ears.

"Stop that! We need a plan of retreat! " Demise said.

"We don't have a time to plan. I'm about to lose terribly! " Phantom mind messaged. They continued to fight.

During the fight, Midnight and Demise got separated from each other.

Demise got into a fight with somebody who has great control over lightning. Demise was supposed to have great advantage because it was dark and she was in her element. But her powers were far more complicated in the past few days and was not functioning properly. So she was fighting hand-to-hand and was having a hard time dodging lightning attacks.

When it came to the hand-to-hand combat and weapon. Demise had lots and lots of trouble. Her opponent is faster than her when it comes to speed and precision, given that he was an electricity elemental. And that it was her first time encountering strong palace ninjas.