ROUGE 9: Phase one

The next day, Penelope and her friends are riding a train back to Flora. Silence occupied their time spend travelling back home. Minds racing of unanswered questions. Well, it was mostly Penelope and Alice.  Yuki was just thinking of how cruel the world is for her to fall for royalty.

"Even if he is technically Penelope's cousin too but still he's royal and he's out of my league. He's smug too and a bit full of himself. He's the Prince and I'm just a peasant who never even knew her name until she was given a name by her friends. I'm just me. And he's THAT! Handsome and smart too. Why didn't I just become a noble woman. But then, I couldn't have fallen for him that way. Oh shesh! Can't I just have him? " Yuki thought to herself. And then she sighed. But her inner torment wasn't noticed by a sleeping Nevaeh and the deep in thought Penelope and Alice.

Alice stared out the window, thinking of possible ways to discover the truth. What if her parents were right? She had to know, and so she started listingnof her friends and their possible reason to turn traitor. Not that she hoped one of them would be a traitor but she just wanted to be sure. She had to protect her friends, her only family. And she's making sure nothing would hurt them if she can help it. She stared at the sleeping Nevaeh and smiled.

"Sharp and Blunt when speaking. Cares too much too. Knows her goals" she thought as she listed Nevaeh's characteristics. She shifted her gaze to Penelope and she sighed.

"Reluctant and Impulsive when speaking. Cares too much that it could be her downfall. Gets confused with how words meant when spoken to her. And would do anything to keep her friends and family safe, even jumping straight to danger. " As she listed Penelope's characteristics, she realized that this girl could probably do anything just to save everyone from pain. And speaking of saving everyone, her gaze shifted to Yuki who was staring into space.

"Blunt and gives hurtful truths while speaking. Gives too much and cares a lot. Unsure of herself but is confident in her abilities. Gets hurt easily. Happy-go-lucky. "She listed and she sighed. How the hell was she able to think of her friends like this? They couldn't do it. They couldn't betray them. So that leads people not from the rouge ten. After all,  Maxfire and Heza cares a lot more than necessary.  Hikari worries too much. Tremaine loves seeing everyone smile. Aliyah and April are satisfied with the happiness they received when they are with everyone. How can they betray their family right?

"It could be Xyrene or even Jayden. But no! They can't. They're also family. " she thought and almost banged her head onto the window but restrained herself.

Penelope was on a world of her own.Everything is about to change and she knows it.How could she not when she decided that it was for the best. When they arrive home today, she knows that everything is starting to change.

There was an eerie silence now that they are only minutes away from their home. The silence continued until the train stopped and they were all brought back to reality.

"Let's go! We have to tell Xyrene the success of our mission. " Alice said and started walking back, trying to sort out her thoughts before she could arrive home.

"Thanks to one Penelope who seems to know everyone then we wouldn't have accomplished the mission. " Nevaeh stated as she briskly walked to  be able to keep up with her friends.

"He was just someone from childhood. Didn't expect him to still remember me though. I thought he'd only remember my sister. He was smitten with her after all." Penelope said. They were only just walking leisurely afterwards to let cute little Nevaeh to keep up on walking with them. That is until they saw smoke up ahead their destinations and they stared at it bewildered. They looked at each other and came to an understanding. They ran so fast that when they arrived at their once called home. It was burning and despite April's attempt to stop the fire using her powers, and Maxfire trying to take the fkre as her own to try and stop the burning, their homes are burnt to the ground and they knew, they knew they needed to find who caused it.