ROUGE 5: Beast

A while before the Hikari drama and just after Penelope entered the kitchen, she was approached by her coworker Magenta.

"You got embarrased by that Jacob guy right? That's why you sent me there on your stead? "Magenta asked wiggling her eyebrows.  Penny rolled her eyes at the stupidity of the situation she just dodged.

"I would be too. I mean, everybody knows the guy isn't over his ex yet and he is a total flirt that could potentially break your heart even with handsome face and charming personality. " Magenta added. Penelope can't believe her ears.

"You know the guy? " she asked. Magenta nodded enthusiatically.

"He's a friend of Aiden, so he catches attention. Then, there were rumours about him and people proved it true. He broke many hearts already. " Magenta said and Penelope gape. Yes, they were gossiping while at work. Yes, she forgot she was at work. And yes, she couldn't believe herself that she doubted the last comment of Magenta.

"By breaking many hearts, that's by not liking them back right? " she asked, unsure. Magenta raised one eyebrow.

"Of course! But he flirts with every girl he comes across as pretty. The only person he couldn't leave alone is your friend, Alice. Don't tell me, you like him? "Magenta stated not too calmly and asked almost scandalised. They was eyeing Penelope as if she was a dirt that needs to be cleaned out.

"WHAT! No! Just... It's just.. I was just curious. I mean, I didn't know who he was until today.. It's just... wow! Different than what I hoped.. I mean, what I thought.. " Magenta was smirking deviously, like she caught Penelope in the act.

"He's not even my type. Like hello? Does he look like one Aiden Lancer to you? He so needs to step up his game if he wants me to be swayed. I mean, look at him? Yes, he's gorgeous... I mean handsome but he just doesn't compare to the person beside him. Look at the guy beside Jacob. Now, that's ethereal beauty. " Penelope rambled on, not realizing Magenta gaping or the newly arrived Hikari that couldn't help but smile deviously at what she just heard.

"Well... Well... Well... One month after moving on and you find a new love. I'd say, they'd be happy to hear about this. And when I say they,  I mean those obnoxious people we call friends. " Hikari said, smiling from ear to ear. Now, it was Penelope's turn to gape and she paled.

"Don't you dare! DON'T YOU DARE! Remember what I have against you. I'm not scared to say anything about it. HI. KA. RI! " Penelope replied weakly and then, she smiled deviously.

Hikari paled. And was sputtering incoherent sentences. She was about to talk down Penelope when somebody cut in.

"PENELOPE! TABLE 5!" And that stopped them of their conversation. Before Penelope went out though, she glared at a smug looking Hikari and a Magenta who was smiling deviously.

"Good afternoon. What would your order be? " she asked as soon as she arrived. The guys who were currently discussing something stopped and smiled at her.

"We're waiting for the rest of the group, we want 2 sets of pizza... " Aiden started.

"Peperoni? "She cut him off.

"Peperoni. And 8 milkshakes. " Aiden finished. She wrote it down and was about to leave when she was called.

"Penelope. "She stopped and turned. She was wary as it was Jacob who called for her.

"I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable. " he stated. She gaped then smiled widely.

"It's fine. " she said and abruptly left to the kitchens. Only to be intercepted by a grinning Magenta and a smirking Hikari holding a milkshake.