ROUGE 16: Ytterlium Desert

It was already almost morning when they arrived at the start of Ytterlium Desert.

"A desert? We are going through a desert? " Maxfire couldn't help but asked incredulously.

"Yes, that is why we bought bottles of water with us during this trip. The scorpions lurking in this desert isn't as venomous in the day that those lurking in the night. " Penelope explained and she figured she'd sit down and wait for sunrise.

"We'd endure the heat? Why not just go directly? " April asked, already making her way to the sandy place when she was stopped by Tremaine.

"I can't use my powers remember? By any chance, one of us gets bitten by scorpions, I can't give you the anti venom myself. Resulting to death. " Tremaine explained. April reluctantly stepped back.

"When will we start our journey then? " Heza asked. She seemed to be excited.

"As soon as the sun rays are seen. " Penelope answered.

"So what do we do before that happens? "Hikari then asked.

"Relax and conserve energy. We have a tough day ahead. " Alice answered as she sad down by the roots of the tree.

Everyone followed. They sat down, Aiden sitting quite a little to close to Penelope, which didn't go unnoticed by everyone except Penelope.

The others were giving each other a look.

"I think someone is going to have her life turned upside down after this journey. " Nevaeh whispered to Yuki who snickered.

"Can't blame the guy. She is quite a catch after all. " Yuki whispered back and Nevaeh snickered too.

"Conserve energy. " Alice just stated and they shut their mouths.

After minutes of painful silence, sun rays were seen. The sun is rising.

"Let's go! " Penelope said as she started walking the desert. Aiden quickly followed, the remaining girls sans April and Maxfire giggled before they all followed the two through the desert.

No words were spoken during their journey that was until noon when they felt hunger.

"I'm hungry. " Tremaine stated as she sat down in the sand. Penelope stopped and looked at her.

"Just take out food from your bags and lets get going. We can't afford to be here until night. We can't afford the curse attacking us here. Now lets start walking. " Penelope said and continued walking. Albeit reluctantly, Tremaine fished out a sandwich from her bag, the others too sans Penelope and Aiden who only drank water, and followed Penelope.

"Are we still that far from another end of this desert? " Yuki asked. She couldn't take being placed in a hot place as she was constantly cold.

"Not that far. The map shows we are half-way through. " Penelope said, glancing worriedly at her friend before looking at the maps direction.

"We'll be there in no time Yuki.Hang in there. " Alice said as Yuki seemed to be weakening. Nevaeh, was at Yuki's side to make sure she wouldn't fall unconscious. They all followed Penelope while Penelope walked according to the directions in the map.

"We can run but there are dry quicksands and we can't risk it. We are after all not crossing boundary to boundary but simply just crossing this dessert till we find the Swimming forest. " Penelope stated as she quickened her steps. The others followed suite as to not be left behind.

Hikari, who was looking from left to right never noticed the sand beneath her. She was so focused on following after Penelope that she didn't notice the change in the sand.