ROUGE 24: SPY?

Aiden waited for an attack but nothing came. A sigh was heard. And he looked up to see Penelope's steel gaze locked into him. He thought he was dead. He knew that by saying that Penelope should think about her decisions again, he let out the anger of  Penelope for him.

"Just so you know Lancer? I won't be swayed. My decision is final. Now, if you can't take that, then feel free to fight me. " Penelope said and now, it was Aiden's gaze that was like steel.

"And I told you, I'll be there. I was just saying that maybe, you have to know what I know to make your decisions now. After all, I've been with the palace ninjas for a long time. I don't require you to stop whatever this is, I'm just gonna go with the flow. Whatever you chose, goes. " Aiden said and Penelope's gaze softened. She could feel her heart go warm.

"You can yell at me all you want. You can order me to do the most dangerous stuffs. You can always count on me. I have vowed and I'm going to go through everything with you. " Aiden added. Penelope smiled smugly and lunged at Aiden. She pinned him to a tree and smiled sweetly. She looked straight into his eyes.

"Just make sure we don't get caught. Because the moment our plan fails, we're dead. " She said and was about to let go when Aiden held her in place.

"You're smart. You'll find a way across it."he said and kissed Penelope's cheeks leaving the poor girl in dazed. He smirked and pulled Penelope back to their group who only looked at them before continuing to walk back to HQ.

Snapping out of her daze, Penelope smacked Aiden's arms and stomped away from him. Aiden just laughed and tried to soothe her.

"Penny! " He called after her, laughing  at Penelope's irritation. The others just smirked sans a very heartbroken Heza and Maxfire.

They were just watching Aiden and Penelope when suddenly Aliyah felt a shift. A bad energy in the nature.

"Something bad is about to happen. " Aliyah said and everyone, yes, even the flirting duo looked at her.

"Aliyah, don't be like that! We need our break you know? " Maxfire said nervously as she half heartedly chuckled.

"But it's true! There is a shift in the aura of nature. Penelope? Nevaeh? April? Don't you feel it? " Aliyah asked, almost histerical. April took time but she felt the water particles are uneasy the closer they are to headquarters. She glumly nodded. Nevaeh however just gave a blank look and fastened her pace while walking.

"Why is it coming from headquarters?  " Penelope asked, confused. The others just couldn't take it so they ran. Something was wrong and they have to be at headquarters as soon as possible.

Penelope and Aiden couldn't help but share a look but then followed leisurely. Penelope was wearing a smirk in her face and as soon as Aiden saw this, he only shook his head in fondness.

When they arrived by the barrier, they were staring at Penelope, expecting her to open the barrier. Unfortunately, the moment Penelope tried the family magic to open the barrier, she was electricuted, something the others were shocked about.

"What the hell was that! " she said as she held her hand to her chest. Her friends were staring dumbfounded. She was confused but then, her senses increased and she suddenly ducked, the others followed her example. Magma balls went past them.

"Why are we being attacked? " Alice asked, her voice filled with worry and confusion. Coming out of the barrier was Zephyrine and Jacob looking unsure, Xyrene in rage, Prince Ash biting his lower lip and everyone from the palace ninja group of Aiden.

"Xyrene? What's going on? "Yuki asked, ice powers ready in case of another attack.

"You think you can just march up here like innocent people? Well think again. There is a spy among you all, and I want that person dead. I'll keep attacking each of you even if I have to.! "Xyrene angrily said. The rouges froze sans Penelope but Aiden stood in shock. Penelope felt her surroundings, concentrating on it than Xyrene.