ROUGE 30: A sacrifice

The agonized cry filled the battlefield.

"Aiden!!! " Penelope again shouted brokenly as Aiden Lancer took the fireballs for her. As Aiden Lancer fell to her arms, dying.

"I'll always be waiting for you. " was his last words to the now, dead Aiden Lancer. Penelope stood there, eyes wide.

She had been a fool. She never saw it coming. That attack, the attack of that damned Maxfire and Heza. Now, he's dead before she does. Stupid knight. Leaving his princess unprotected.

"Damn you! I never said you could die first! " she said and suddenly, the wind became strong. Strong enough to bring somebody flying away.

Nevaeh couldn't cry. She couldn't help it. She saw something. And, she never wanted to believe it.

They were just watching the fight, stuck in a tree, unable to move their body, then,  Heza summoned  beasts,  fire breathing beasts, dragons, and the balance toppled. The knights disappeared, they were only left there, and the next thing they knew,  Aiden was dead and Penelope was down right murderous.

"Ohoo! Now you've done it. " Penelope said and in a blink of an eye, Heza fell to the ground, dead and blood spilling from her mouth,knife imbeded through her chest. The rouges watch in horror.

"H-Hezzzaaaaa! " Tremaine's agonized shout broke the dam. They were crying now. They felt like it was a nightmare, a nightmare they cannot escape.

"Damn you Penelope! " Maxfire angrily said and advanced on Penelope. To the angered and hurt rouges, Penelope and Maxfire seemed to be dancing. Maxfire kept throwing offense attacks and Penelope just kept dodging, almost dancing while doing so.

Broken hearted, and betrayed, Nevaeh wanted to avenge her friend. Her only problem is the force keeping her stuck to the tree. And so, she discretely used her aura wave to check what to do with the invisible force. What she saw, made her eyes widen and she felt more betrayed.

Alice turned her head to look at Nevaeh who stopped crying, her eyes dark and her lips trembling, she was also shaking.

"PENELOPE YOU IDIOT! " was heard throughout the clearing. Nevaeh was trembling in unsurpressed rage, her voice was giving away her irritation and her rage. Alice couldn't help but worry. Yuki stared at Nevaeh wide eyed. The others, just turned their head to a seething Nevaeh, having a hard time turning their body and all.

The girl being shouted at was smirking, still dodging attacks. She gave no indication that she cared about the comment Nevaeh has made.

"ONCE I GET OUT OF HERE! SO HELP ME, I'M GOING TO FLIPPIN' KILL YOU! " Nevaeh shouted again. Penelope gazed at Nevaeh for a while before focusing on Maxfire.

"Get in line will you? Maxfire is first in line for now. " Penelope said, amusement present in her voice. She dodged yet another attack, and another and another, she seemed to be enjoying toying with Maxfire.

"IF YOU DIE, I'M GOING TO REVIVE YOU AND KILL YOU MYSELF! " Nevaeh shouted. Everyone flinched besides Maxfire and Penelope. Alice noticed something about Nevaeh, and she looked to Yuki who was frowning.

She was about to voice her concern when the dueling duo stopped. She looked at them and saw a very satisfied Penelope with open palms and a struggling Maxfire.

"You should have been more cautious Maxfire. I can always predict you, you know. And thank god for that. "Penelope smugly said. Upon closer inspection, Penelope can be seen encasing Maxfire in an almost invisible air thread.

"You sure? Because as far as I know, you won't be able to stop me now. You killed Heza. " Maxfire said. Penelope chuckled.

"I wouldn't come unprepared dear Maxfire. I'm better than that. I know you reasons but sadly, you won't be able to be with your sister, not anymore! " Penelope said, Maxfire stopped struggling. A look of rage took over her.