ROUGE6: Festival Fiasco

Days has passed and things happened.The last few days were busy days. Penelope was able to convinced her reluctant but willing to learn friends that it would only be training, no feelings attached. She was able to convinced 5 of her friends namely Maxfire, Nevaeh, Yuki, Heza and surprisingly a very reluctant Alice. She has convinced them that there will be no uncomfortable silence, awkward situations and annoying bickering. She convinced them and they joined the training. Sadly, she was wrong as there were constant uncomfortable silence, awkward situations courtesy of Penelope herself and of course, the never ending constant annoying bickering of one Nevaeh and Hamish. It was a tiring week.

The girls goes to work with aching muscles and a headache. But if the girls looked happier than before, then nobody noticed. Even if one Aiden and Alice would scowl in the corner at the sparing Jacob and Penelope who are smiling, they still are happy.

At the start it was the partnership of Jacob and Penelope because one, she knows Alice won't like being partnered with Jacob and two, it was either Jacob or Aiden. She choose Jacob, for both her and Alice's sake, unfortunately Yuki opened her big mouth saying something along the lines of

"You guys should just date. You look good together. You even choose each other. Do you like each other? You're glowing when you're together. "

And one Aiden Lancer just looked at Jacob and the partners were exchanged, regardless of the girls disapproval. Jacob just said

"We're the trainors so you follow our rules. "  and that shut them up. If you listened so intently, you could hear Alice cursing under her breath and saying something along the lines of

"If only I never needed this.. " wherein Nevaeh just laughed and told her to just accept it.

Now, with almost a week of preparation for their mission, a week of jobs and a week of training, the girls were ready to sleep till the next year only to remember that they have to succeed with the mission first.

It was Friday. The day of the Festival of the Rise of the Empire. There was a fair just in the middle of town and for once in her working time, the diner Penelope works at is full packed,and without Magenta she was busier than busy,luckily for her Yuki and Nevaeh decided to work part time and was able to help her. And by the time their shift ended, Alice and Stor, cross- dressed as a girl,was already waiting for them. Storm gave her sister a big hug.

"Finally! Big day today huh? " Alice said as she lead the others to the center of town.

"Yes.. The king is coming to town with his heir and his niece.So everyone is excited. They wanted to see the Princess for a very long time.Princess Rine is a very mysterious princess after all and the King doesn't talk about her much.Just his heir that would take over ,that cocky son of his." Yuki said in a 'as-a-matter-of-fact' tone and rolling her eyes afterwards. The others just laughed at her while Storm was just there, more focused on his surroundings.

"You just say that because, well... because he called you a, and I quote "gorgeous peasant who isn't supposed to be in the presence of a prince",was it? He messed with you once then you fell. Oh.. How times have gone by. " Alice said smugly. Yuki was blushing. She was pale so the blush was very noticible.

"Ohh... You're blushing! You really do like the prince! "Nevaeh added, and then it was never ending teasing.

"Why are you my friends? "Yuki whined. Penelope patted her back.

"Because you love us. " Penelope smugly said.

Yuki just walked a lot faster so that they can arrive at the center and take their positions but the others took it wrongly.