ROUGE8: Plead

It was a week after Alice woke up that she decided she was insane. She was actually considering her dead parents  words because it really was a possibility. Nevaeh was right when she said Alice would wake up that night because she did, then a day after Penelope woke up looking lost.

Alice had been contemplating the words of her parents. She grew silent and everybody grew worried when she only ever talked when asked.

"Hey? Alice? I'm heading to town for more books. You wanna come with me? " Penelope asked in the door way of their little house, they went home after waking up at Xyrene's mansion.

"Huh? Did you ask the others?  They might want to go with you. " Alice answered. Penelope frowned.

"They're busy training. They said I should just get books for them to read. " she huffed angrily.

"OK.. OK.. I'll come with you. Wait for me, I'll just go get ready. "Alice replied and went to change. Leaving to town would help her keep those thoughts about her friends down. After changing to a t-shirt and Sweat pants she went to go with Penelope to town. There was a comfortable silence while they were walking. Until Penelope broke that silence.

"Do you think something happened to Jacob and the guys? They just suddenly said they we're busy these days. " asked a very curious Penelope. Alice just sighed.

"They probably had to work or something. I heard they're travelling to another kingdom. Rumour has it that their work required them to. " Alice stated. Penelope had a wistful look.

"Their job is part-time right? Or is it full-time? I don't even know their job."she asked the girl beside her. The other just shrugged probably wanting to end the topic. So, Penelope dropped the topic. Alice couldn't help but smile.

They were in complete silence when suddenly, a thought occured to Alice that made her open another topic between her and Penelope.

"Zephyrine is royalty. According to the others, she seemed to not like the ways of the king. However, what if she doesn't like the king's ways but considers him family enough to protect the king. Will.. Will you be able to go against family? " Penelope gave no indication that she heard. She seemed to be deep in thought. Alice was just about to drop the subject when she heard Penelope sigh.

"I don't know. Sometimes, I just think I can do it. Other times, I don't even have the strength to think about it. It's hard. " Penelope finally said and the silence was back to silence until they arrived at the library. They would only talk regarding the books they will take  and the books they needed. Outside of that, they just stayed silent. Minds racing of unanswered questions.

Just as they arrived back at their houses, they saw Xyrene outside calling the others inside the house. Confusion taking over their expressions, they followed. They positioned themselves in a circle inside the house living room and an emergency meeting begun.

"My father told me that my sister has been recruited to the King's side. I didn't know how. But that isn't the case. My father wanted me to convince someone from Aerial kingdom to aid us in the upcoming war. I am not persuasive but I am sending 4 of you there. Would that be fine? " Xyrene pleadingly told them. They sighed and nodded.

"As long as no elemental powers are used. Then we're game. " Yuki answered.

"So here's the deal. You convince this guy to aid us either by workforce or financially and you guys get free pass of works in the next few months. " Xyrene said. The girls gave her shocked looks.

"I'm going but I need you to carry a message for me to the princess. "Penelope said, standing up.

"I'd go too.I'd like Yuki and Nevaeh to come with us though. " Alice added. Xyrene smiled brightly.