ROUGE 19: The Brites Palace

They were falling. When they opened their eyes after Penelope said Portus, they were already falling. They didn't know what to do because they were falling straight to the trees in the forest of the sparkling land of Brites.

As they hit the trees in a painful way, they couldn't believe their luck when they sat up afterwards, unscathe.

"You could have warned us, you know. " April stated, irritated at the unexpected travel whilst Penelope just rolled her eyes.

"Penelope? Are we in Brites now? " Alice asked. Penelope stepped out of the shade of the tree to see a palace standing tall at the end of a pathway.

"Yes. Yes we are. " Penelope said as she smiled at the view. The others followed her gaze.

To say that they were awestruck at the view is an understatement. They were taken aback by the beauty of the place. It was as if ths whole kingdom of Brites was sparkling with powers.

"This land screams powerful." Nevaeh said as she was surveying the place. Almost everyone nodded their head.

"This place is beautiful. " Yuki stared in awe as she said it. Then suddenly, knights were surrounding them.

"No longer beautiful! Penelope! " Yuki said scared as she shuddered at a spear pointed at her.

"Halt! State your business here! " the head knight seemed to be angry at them. Penelope stepped forward and so did Aiden. The both bowed to the head knight.

"Dear Sir... We just want to go and meet the King's healer. We are of in dire need of help from the potentia obstructo spell and we believe that they will be able to help us. " Penelope said with her head still bowed.

The head of the knights was surveying the group that came to seek help. He was, as if staring straight into their soul. A feeling that keeps haunting Maxfire and Heza even after they walked the magnificent walkway to the palace. They were almost shaking when they were faced with a stern looking woman, as if critisizing each of their existence.

"My lady... You must be the head of the palace maids. I am Penelope and this is Aiden Lancer. We came with our friends to seek your top healers help to rid us of the potentia obstructo curse. " Penelope stated as she bowed to the stern looking woman. The woman, signaled the knights to leave them be as she started walking away.

"Follow me, young warriors. " the woman said as she started walking. Being good listeners, they followed her.

"Many people seek the audience of our healer for things like this, but this is the first time that those who seek her is young people such as yourselves. Why have you defied the king of Flora? " she asked as she was walking. They gave each other a stare.

"Miss. It was a choice we made when we saw how his reign is not good for the kingdom. " Alice answered because it seems Penelope was distracted by all the paintings.

"Oh? And how were you hit by the curse then, Alice? " the woman asked. Alice almost gaped. She never said anything about herself to this person. Deciding against asking the woman why she knew her name, because maybe thats her ability, she answered her.

"We were captured to be killed. " was her simple answer. The woman nodded in understanding.

"Then, you must have defied the King at a much younger age. Because, to receive such punishment shows a long list of defiance. The king must have been so angry with you. " The woman, whoever she is, seemed to know more about them than she should. Nevaeh hated being left in the dark and so, she now walked between Alice and Maxfire.

"Uhm miss, how is it that you seem to know all of us? And also,why do you seem familiar somehow?" Nevaeh asked straightforwardly. They stopped almost immediately when they saw both Penelope and Aiden stopped and almost bumped into them.

"Ahh.. So you've seen it already then? " The woman said as she smile to Penelope and Aiden who was gaping at a portrait,they followed their gaze and what they saw made their jaw drop.

"I-is that...? "Was Alice's unfinished question. Right, in front of them stood a portrait of their parents with a guy none of them recognizes. The guy has jet black hair and brilliant glowing red eyes. Yuki seemed to remember someone with that eye back when she was younger, where she didn't know.

"You look just like your parents did all those years ago. They went here with the help of the king, they were friends  per se, and they were able to battle at Ragnild cave recovering from the curse itself. They were such a happy bunch of citizens. " the woman, who Nevaeh grudgingly disliked because she doesn't know her name yet, smiled at them.

"The king loved to visit you guys before. He'd disapear for a day and then come back happily afterwards. I went with him once and met some of you. You were only a baby back then but now,you've grown into fine young women and man."She said and she continued to walk.

"And now, you're here. " she said as she stopped by an intection. And turned to them. If she was lookng af Penelope for far too long or right past her, they didn't know. She pursed her lips

"However,  I do not accept such a thing from you. No one from you should forget the fact that you parents fought for the better world. That none of you should follow and betray each other. I do hope you know what would happen if that did continue. " She spoke still staring at Penelope. Penelope smiled.

"I do hope none of you would follow you parents footsteps just because you want revenge. Betrayal isn't ssomething that can be seen miles away. After all, that was how your oarents died.Betrayal was the cause of your parents death after all.Betrayal from people they thought werw their friends." she said and went to stare at each of them woth so much calculation.

Penelope just stared back at her hard and suddenly, her hands were being held by Aiden.

"With all due respect maam. But I don't care if you're someone we know. But we really need the healers now before we doubled over here from the curse. " Yuki said as she tried to avoid eyes contact.

"Didn't you know? The moment you stepped into the castle, the curse became dormant but you won't be able to use your powers because it can still kill you. Your only hope is Ragnild. " she said as she called for servants.

'Take them to their rooms. I have to talk with the king for a while. " The woman said to a small person who was all smiley.

"Hi, I'm Denny and I'll be taking you to your rooms now. Please follow me, off springs of the Kings friends. "  she said and everyone, albeit reluctantly was already following her. The others were busy talking to each other about the wonders of Brites. Penelope remained stone faced as she looked to Aiden who smiled at her.

"Whatever you chose, I'll follow. " He whispered as he looked at her eyes.

And just then, like magic, Penelope gave a smile. Yes, whatever she choses, Aiden will always support her. Always.