ROUGE 26: Intercepted

Xyrene was at the study, making sure that everyone was at the right place and would take action at the righf time. They had to start if they want to finish what they started, broken trusts be damned.

Alice, was a little angry at Xyrene putting them on the spotlight while they still had to rest for a while because of the heartache that was still present because of Penelope's departure. Alice has confronted Xyrene about her ways after she heard the news about the plan and they had a verbal fight about how it was still not good to do anything against the king.

"And besides, Penelope knows the plan right? If she really is the traitor as you so proudly said, what is stopping her from telling the King and causing our demise? Sometimes I ask myself how you are so selfish." Was Alice's last words before she left to get ready before the plan commenced.

Maxfire stared longingly at the retreating back of Alice. The friendship present in the group was starting crumble, all because of a spy. She grimaced at the thought and started to get ready.If Penelope will intervene with this plan of theirs, then there is something wrong with her.

"I've placed you on different teams from away from your usual partners....." Xyrene started to explain while Alice could be heard scoffing at the back murmuring.

"Like I have my usual partner right here. " Alice murmured, something that was heard by almost everyone. She was partnered with Heza for the time being. Although she respected Heza like any of her friends, she still has a problem with adjusting as her partner. Xyrene however was glaring at Alice.

"Now, Alice you're being childish. Why don't you focus on this mission before you whine about Penelope today. " Xyrene said through pursed lips. She was pissed but she doesn't want to break her composure .

"So, as I was saying, your partners aren't your usual partners, you'll also be joined by Jacob's palace ninja group to ensure the success of this mission. No one is allowed to mess this up. If any of you does, then you just signed our death warrant. " Xyrene reminded.

Everybody just nodded. They were pretty sure they had signed their death warrant the moment they defied the King.

"Now, let's move. " Xyrene said and each group left to their area. Alice was merging with her shadows, sneaking past guards. Heza for her part was using her beast to lure any guard on duty. Jacob who was grouped together with Heza and Alice, turned lightning and went past the guards undetected. They got in pretty quickly. It was as if the palace security isn't that secured.

"Is the security always like this? Or was it the removal of your group that decreased the competence of the palace guards? " Heza whisper-asked Jacob, who shrugged in response.

"We weren't the strongest here, the King has them for war. We've met one of them but we couldn't even beat them. " Jacob said as he tries to look for an unnoticed entrance. When Alice saw him struggling to find the secret entrances that Zephyrine had told them to be able to enter the main hall of the castle, she giggled.That of course prompted a look to be given to her by Jacob.

"What? " Jacob asked. Alice just smiled innocently. Jacob couldn't help but frown.

"Don't give me that look. Why are you giggling? "He asked. Alice just smiled.

"You've worked here for a long time and yet, you're having a hard time finding the secret entrance. " Alice answered.

"So you think that's funny, don't you? " Jacob asked frowning. Alice smiled.

"Nope, I thought it was cute. " she answered. Jacob choked in his saliva. Heza's eyes grew wide and Alice laughed silently. 

They were in their own little world when suddenly they heard the palace gate abruptly close with a loud bang.