Chapter 6

"It all started in March, the day of her mothers birthday...."
"Mom! Where is this place we're going to?" Jess asked. "We're going camping! Are you excited?" Her mum asked. "Camping! That means we get to marshmallows!" Jess clapped in excitement.

As they arrived, the other family members were there and other people. They were Lall gathered around near this big house. "Mom, i thought we were camping?" Jess asked, giving a pouty face to her Mom.

"Yes we are. But we must sleep somewhere safe! We dont want Wolfs to come and eat us, do we?" Her father said. "I dont like wolfs," she hid behind her Mother's leg. Both her parents chuckle at the cute siz year old...

It was night time. The fire was out and everyone was asleep... Well not everyone..
A lady, she had a mask covering her face. She was in the house but was downstairs, fiddling in the kitchen. Ms. Anderson was walking downstairs after hearing noises. She was the watchkeeper of the camp house back then.

She saw rhe lady set the kitchen on fire. "What are you doing?!" She shouted. The lady saw her and quickly ran away. Ms.Anderson pressed the fire alarm to wake up the people that were staying in the house.

Her parents heard it and got up, running out. But sadly, they forgot about Jess. Once they ran out, they then remembered about her. "What should we do?! Our daughter!" Her mother shouted.
She tried going back in but her husband stopped her because it was too dangerous.

Ms,Anderson was still in the building. She heard loud cries coming from one of the rooms. She ran upstairs to find Jess, sitting there, crying. The poor thing didn't know what to do. "Mommy! Daddy!" She cried and shouted.

Ms.Anderson quickly grabbed onto her and carried her. She held onto Jess tightly and climbed out the window. They escaped from the back and Ms,Anderson ran with Jess. Suddenly, the house exploded...

"Jess' parents probably think she's no more. Im such a bad person. I should've gave her back. She really wants to see her parents again" Ms,Anderson had tears forming in her eyes. "I think you did a good job. What type of parents are they, forgetting their child like that" Adym seemed a bit angry.

Ms.Anderson smiled. "You really are a caring person. Nothing like your mother" she chuckled. "Step mother" Adym corrected. "I can see why you're nothing like her" Ms.Anderson looked suprised.

"I should get back. But before i go, can i meet the other children?" Adym asks. "Yes, of course" Ms.Anderson gives him permisson. They walk out the office. "Kids, gather around. Someone wants to meet you!" Ms.Anderson gathered them together.

"Hello, im Adym" he smiles. "Are you Ms.Jess' boyfriend?" They ask. "Kids!" Ms.Anderson gasped. "Im sorry about them. They are a bit mischievous" she apologises. "It's okay" Adym chuckles. "Take care of Ms.Jess! We want her to be happy! Make sure you keep her happy!" They all warned.

One of the little boys walked to him. "If she cries, we wont be happy" he says. Adym chuckles and ruffles the little boy's hair. "Dont worry, i'll make sure to treat her like a princess.. Or a queen even" Adym chuckles...

After meeting them, he walks out. Ms.Anderson walks him out. "Do take care of her please" she says. "Don't worry, i promise to take good care of her" Adym pats Ms.Anderson on the shoulder. He then waved goodbye and got into his car...

Whilst driving, he kept thinking about what Ms.Anderson told him. "Im such an idiot.. I treated her so badly and...Uhh!" Ady, felt fustrated with himself. "Why does she want to meet them though? They just left her in the fire, running but forgot to take her. What kind of parents are they?" He carried on talking to himself.

He had to stop since the lights were on. He turned to his right to see Zico walking. "Where is he going?" Adym asked. He shrugged it off a drove home...

Zico was on his way to the café. He walked in. "Hello wel-" Zoe was moping the floor and looked up to see a smiling Zico. "Oh Zico! H-hello" Zoe stuttered. "Hey. Mind getting me a cappuccino?" He asks. "Oh sure. Just have a seat" Zoe says. He wfound hiself a seat whilst Zoe went to make him a cappuccino.

As he sat down, one of the lady workers walked past. He recognised her from yesterday when she was making fun of Zoe. "You" he called out. "Me?" She asked turning around. "Yeah. Let's talk" Zico got up and they walked out.

"I saw you yesterday" he lifted his eyebrows. "Oh. You noticed me?" She started blushing. He nodded, biting his bottom lip whilst giving a cheeky smile. "What about your girlfriend?" She asks. He then pushed her against the wall. As he moved closer, she closed her eyes. He looked at her and scoffed.

"Dont worry, you're not my type anyways. I came here to say, mess with my girlfriend, you'll see the worse of me" he moved away from her and walked back with his hands in his pockets.
As he walked back in, Zoe was roaming around.

"Oh there you are" she sighed. "Sorry, my friend called" Zico lied. "Oh. Well here, i made you your cappuccino" Zoe handed it over. "Thanks.. Wanna come sit down with me?" He asked. "Me?" She asked. "Yes, you. I don't want to be alone" Zico pouts.

"Okay , i dont mind" Zoe sat down opposite him. He started sipping onto his cappuccino. He then saw Zoe. She seemed to be in an awkward position. "Here, have some" he handed her the glass. "No no its fine. You have it" Zoe handed it back.

He got the glass and held it. He quickly put it next to her lips and made her drink it. "Good girl" he chuckled and rubbed her hair. "Im not a dog" she sighed. "Nope... But you're a cutie" Zico winked...

Whilst

Adym arrived back home. He walked in, being greeted by his father. "Where did you go so early?" His father asked. "To see a friend" Adym took of hus shoes o the carpet and walked upstairs. As he came upstairs, he saw Jess cleaning the table.

"Oh you're home. Where did you go so early?" She noticed him. He ignored her and walked to her, hugging her. "W-what are you d-doing" she stuttered, trying to get out of his embrace but he held onto her tighter.

"Im sorry" he whispered in her ear....

~ TBC ~