Chapter 23

After Jess' schedule, she got dressed to go meet Brennen at a coffee shop, since he wanted to see her.

Jess' Outfit

Jess' Outfit

Jess was ready and so she decided to head out, to go meet Brennen...

Once she arrived to the café, she took a deep breath before walking in. She saw Brennen, sitting on a table by himself. "Here goes nothing" she mutters.

Jess then approaches him and sits down in the seat opposite him. "Hi sir, Zoe said you wanted to see me?" Jess asks. "Yes. And dont call me sir, we're not working at the moment. So call me Brennen" he said. "Yes.. Brennen" she replied.

"So why did you want to see me?" She asked.
"How about you close your eyes first" Brennen says. "Oh.. okay" Jess felt a bit weird. She closed her eyes and felt Brennen's hand, holding her hand.

"You can open your eyes now" Brennen says. She opens her eyes and finds a box in her hands. She opens it and it was a ring. "Brennen.. what is this?" She asks. "I like you, Jess. I want you to be my girlfriend" Brennen says.

"Brennen, you know i can't. I already love some-"
"I know you do" Brennen cuts off Jess. "I know but.. It's about time you move on. You've been waiting for so long and he hasn't even come back for you.. what's the point?" Brennen says.

"Do you even know about love? Yes i have been waiting for him for a long time, but im not just going to move on.  Even if it was to end my life, i'll never forget him. He was the one guy who i loved the most. And i know he loves me aswell" Jess says.

"If he loves you, why hasn't he come to look for you yet?" Brennen asks. "Because.. he's afraid that he'll hurt me. I know how Adym's like. Of course i know how he's like" Jess says.

She was stuck in a daydream for a few seconds before shaking her head. She then looked at the box in her hand. She passes it back to him. "Im sorry, i can't accept it" she says. Jess then stood up and walked out.

As she was walking out, someone bumped into her. "Im really sorry" Jess says. "It's okay" the person replies. She walks out. The person she bumped into then saw something on the floor. He picked it up and walked out. "Escuse me?" He says. Jess turns around.

"Yes?" She asks. "Is this yours?" He asks as he has a bracelet in his hand. "Oh yes, thank you" she takes the bracelet and then leaves. "She looks familiar" he says. "That dress, her voice, her hair.. everything. Why is my heart fluttering so much? It's like the first time when i met Jess. My heart has never fluttered that much for anyone else other than her" he says.

He then walks into the café. "Adym, over here!" Zico calls out. "Oh, there he is" Adym mutters. Just as he was about to walk towards the table Zico was sat at, Brennen came infront. "Brennen? Where did you-?"
Before Adym could speak, Brennen cut him off with a punch.

"Adym!" Zico then stood up and ran to his brother. "Yo! What the f**k was that for?!" Adym shouted. "Why don't you go find her. SHE STILL LOVES YOU!" Brennen shouts, creating a scene in the café. "WHO?!" Adym shouts back. "JESS! JESS LOVES YOU AND HAS BEEN WAITING FOR YOU FOR ALMOST THREE GODDAMN YEARS! IM SICK AND TIRED OF TRYING TO MAKE HER FORGET YOU! SHE JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF YOU! SHE WONT EVEN ACCEPT MY PROPOSAL, GOD DAMN IT!" Brennen screams his head off.

"Jess? JESS?! How... where did you find her?" He asks Brennen. "She works under my company as one of my models. She's the one im supposed to be sharing with your company. That Jess" Brennen calmed down a little.

"Adym-"
"Let go!" Adym cute off Zico and moved Zico's hand away from his shoulder and ran out. "Wait.. so if Jess is working in your company, then-"
"Brennen!" Someone then called out. Brennen turned around. "Zoe!" He sobbed and hugged her. "It's okay. I told you, she doesn't love anyone else apart from Adym" Zoe says. Zico then turns around.

Zoe looks up and spots Zico looking at her. They made eye contact. Zoe gently moved Brennen away. She slowly walked towards Zico.

"Are you.. who i think you are?" Zico asks, holding onto her hand. Zoe nods. "It's your Zoe" she says. Zico quickly pulled her in for a hug and a tear escaped from both their eyes. "I can't belive it's you" Zoe says.

"It's me. It's your superhero, Zico" Zico replies. Zoe then moves back. "If you're my superhero, why did you leave? When i needed you the most?" Zoe asks. "I had to. If i stayed with you, you would've been in more danger. The same for Jess too" Zico says.

"That means.. you're not my superhero. Your just Zico. If you were my superhero, then you would've been able to save me from that danger. But you just left. You're not my superhero. You're not the Zico i know" Zoe slowly walked back.

"Zoe please, let me explain" Zico said. Zoe ran out and Zico ram after her. Just as she was running on the road, a car was coming in full speed. It was beeping a few times. Zoe was stuck in the middle of the road, not sure of what to do. When suddenly, someone pulled her forward and onto the pavement.

She looks up to find Zico. "That was a danger that no her could accomplish. But i am the same Zico from three years ago. And im still going to be your superhero" Zico says...

|TBC|

What did you guys think? Don't forget to comment and vote😊❤